PDA

View Full Version : Tip: Start playing the iPod without closing the app you're in!

TheSpaz
Oct 9, 2009, 03:44 PM
Okay, so this is for iPhone and iPod touch users on 3.1 or higher.

As some of you may know, 3.1 removed the ability to bring up the mini iPod player with a double-tap of the home button *if music isn't already playing* (iPod touch users always had this ability), but I figured out a couple of ways around this bug in 3.1.

First: If you have the Apple headphones with a mic, just click the mic button and your music will start playing. You can now bring up the on-screen controls if you wish.

Second: If you aren't using headphones with a mic, simply lock the iPod or iPhone using the power button, then double-tap the home button and the iPod controls will come up.

There you have it. It's a workaround, yes, but it prevents having to quit out of your game if you want to start listening to music.

Cheers!

- TheSpaz -

DrawnToLife
Oct 9, 2009, 04:01 PM
With the headphones.

Holding down activates Voice Control.
Double Tapping switches to the next song.
Triple tapping goes back a song.

ajones46
Oct 9, 2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks for your tip! I was always mad I couldn't listen to my music while playing iMobsters lol...

EDIT: actually, when I'm in the game, all it does is re-play the intro sound... piss.

spazma7ik
Oct 9, 2009, 08:03 PM
With the headphones.

Holding down activates Voice Control.
Double Tapping switches to the next song.
Triple tapping goes back a song.

OMG are you serious? That's awesome! I was so mad that I couldn't skip songs without taking out my ipod and double clicking, etc.

I must try this now!

iSpaghettiCat
Oct 9, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hmm.. now that I think about it, that does work!

Thanks Spaz ;)