PDA

View Full Version : Airtunes Promblems

robotrenegade
Jul 17, 2004, 08:48 AM
Anyone have problems with the Airport Express setup? The only way i can get it to work is if I make it on its own network and join it. AES won't see it but i can log on to it as if its already a network.

robotrenegade
Jul 17, 2004, 09:39 AM
I got it! You have to use Airport Admin Utility on your basestation extreme then use the express set up. Also make sure your basestation is using a WEP password not WPA. It works great!

Powerbook G5
Jul 17, 2004, 09:56 AM
Mine won't work well for some reason. It won't work with my Linksys router either in wireless or using ethernet, my roommates' XP Pro setups will see it and send packets out but won't receive any, and the signal is horrible. I am about ready to get rid of mine if I can't figure out how to get it to work better in the next few days. The only good thing about it is that Airtunes sounds amazing with it, which makes me wish I could use my Linksys router for the internet because of its great signal strength and Windows compatibility and have the APE used only for Airtunes and printing.

JOD8FY
Jul 17, 2004, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know if AEx (I love this, AEx;APE;AES :p) is in the Apple Stores yet? How long does something like this usually take?

Thanks,
JOD8FY

Grimace
Jul 17, 2004, 10:27 AM
Mine won't work well for some reason. It won't work with my Linksys router either in wireless or using ethernet, my roommates' XP Pro setups will see it and send packets out but won't receive any, and the signal is horrible. I am about ready to get rid of mine if I can't figure out how to get it to work better in the next few days. The only good thing about it is that Airtunes sounds amazing with it, which makes me wish I could use my Linksys router for the internet because of its great signal strength and Windows compatibility and have the APE used only for Airtunes and printing.

You might try searching the forums for the fix to this problem - someone had your same issue and posted how to have the signals 'merge' or play nice together. :)