PDA

View Full Version : Can Windows be removed without Bootcamp? Fairly urgent help

media44
Oct 14, 2009, 01:22 AM
Okay so first off yes this is fairly urget as I keep getting messages I'm almost out of disk space and having to delete things I don't really want to be deleting.

I'm running Mac OSX 10.4.10 and installed Windows back with Bootcamp Beta about 3 1/2 years ago now. I'm currently overseas in a third world country with no Mac store in the country.

When I tried to get rid of Windows to get back space since I really don't use it anymore (got it for AutoCAD back when I was in Uni) my Bootcamp says its Expired. Meanwhile I went online to find a working version and it seems none exists for 10.4.10 so did the fine folks at Mac really **** me over and leave me stuck with Windows or can I get rid of it somehow.

Oh and by get rid of I mean get rid of it without losing my Mac side.

Thanks for help.

tooz
Oct 14, 2009, 02:07 AM
simple.
Fire up Disk Utility, choose your main hard-drive [1], and hit the partition tab.[2]

choose the bootcamp partition [3] and the '-' button [4]
accept the warning, this will erase the partition and make it free space.
next, drag the corner of the Macintosh HD partition down to the bottom, and hit apply.

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss256/tooza64/Screenshot2009-10-14at55928PM.jpg

gugucom
Oct 14, 2009, 09:13 PM
He is on Tiger. The variable partitioning will not work there!

In an emergency like that you may re enable Bootcamp 1.3 or 1.4 beta by turning your system clock back. I believe it was ending in 2006. So you have to go back to that date and it will work again.