Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
i seem to be having a "problem" with my modem connection. about every 15 minutes, a little dialog box appears that says:

Internet Connect

this is your reminder that your internet connection is still active...

Disconnect - Stay Connected

this problem does not occur on my ethernet connection at school. i'm using aol for my modem connection, but the dialog box seems to be independent of the aol application, although i have not been able to trace it to any particular program/system function. does anyone know if there is a way to disable this through a system preference, or if it's a problem with the aol app (which would not surprise me)? thanks.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
This is an easy one. Go to System Preferences, Network Pane, PPP, PPP Options and uncheck the "Prompt every 15 minutes..." option. :cool:

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Nah. It's you, but not because of the glue. :rolleyes: :p

If you are having problems with something, try checking the preferences first, system and aplication only. Find all possible options that may be giving you these problems and see if one of them is active/inactive to cause it.

There are a lot worse problems than finding something. Take my damn honest word for it. :D

Now, the second thing to do would be to get off AholeL. :rolleyes: :cool:

jt23

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2002
on a related note

on my FP Imac (which is connected to the Internet along with a PC laptop via a Linksys Cable Router, annoyingly prompts me that i'm not connected to the Internet (mostly when checking email) -- but it IS connected and my email IS downloaded.

any quick fixes for this?

mr.w

macrumors regular
May 17, 2002
Colorado
Originally posted by King Cobra
This is an easy one. Go to System Preferences, Network Pane, PPP, PPP Options and uncheck the "Prompt every 15 minutes..." option. :cool:

I had the same problem about 3 months ago, and it took me like an hour to figure it out.

I guess that's just the way i learn...trial and error... just screwing around and seeing if it works. often times you don't find the solution you're looking for, but you do find out a lot of cool new features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.