PDA

View Full Version : iPod Return Policy...

soccerfan
Jul 19, 2004, 12:09 PM
OK, so I get the new PowerBook with the 15GB iPod on Friday.... you know the rest.

The question is this - can I return it for the new one??!!

I haven't even openend the box yet...

SilentPanda
Jul 19, 2004, 12:34 PM
Why don't you... call Apple?

tekno_geek911
Jul 19, 2004, 12:56 PM
I just got a 15GB Friday too...I thought they were coming out in August,I hope I can exchange it.

michaelrjohnson
Jul 19, 2004, 01:19 PM
14-Day return policy (from the physical Apple Store). I suspect it would be the same from the online ones.

If it's opened, there is a $30 restocking fee. If not, there is no fee.

(I just got my 15GB last Thursday, and it's going back within a week. But i've opened and used mine.)

soccerfan
Jul 19, 2004, 01:26 PM
Well I did just call Apple... since I didn't open it, they'll exchange it for the new one!

I bought from an Apple store (physical retail store)

lazymuoio
Jul 19, 2004, 02:10 PM
I bought a 15GB to give to my father as a bday present but its laser engraved so i cant exchange it. damn it

mrviga
Jul 19, 2004, 03:43 PM
Theres some kind of 10 day guarantee to protect you from price drops and tech upgrades and such...I would raise hell until i got my way, and with Apple, its definitely possible. They are usually very understanding when it comes to customer service. Good luck!

tekno_geek911
Jul 19, 2004, 04:07 PM
Woohoo!!! I returned my 15GB and got the new 20GB w/ Dock!

Artimus
Jul 19, 2004, 05:06 PM
I got mine for graduation less than a month ago. My mother spent 550 bucks (Canadian) on a 20GB. This is just as evil as anything Microsoft has ever done. Not sure I want a Powerbook now if this is what they call customer service.

jtgotsjets
Jul 19, 2004, 06:05 PM
I got mine for graduation less than a month ago. My mother spent 550 bucks (Canadian) on a 20GB. This is just as evil as anything Microsoft has ever done. Not sure I want a Powerbook now if this is what they call customer service.

quit whining...
ok, so the price dropped. that, you know, happens.

if you want a new one so badly, why dont you try dropping your ipod and getting a new one?

thehuncamunca
Jul 19, 2004, 06:25 PM
give Apple a call
the guy i talked to was very nice once i explained myself and gave me $50 credit for the 15GB iPod i got so i'm not going to return mine
as another option you can return if it's within 10 buisness days for a 10% restocking fee

michaelrjohnson
Jul 19, 2004, 06:59 PM
Woohoo!!! I returned my 15GB and got the new 20GB w/ Dock!

Was it opened and used? Did you get it under the Cram and Jam promotion?

Kwyjibo
Jul 19, 2004, 07:20 PM
the new 20GB doesn't come with a dock. look at the the tech specs and the store

tekno_geek911
Jul 19, 2004, 07:33 PM
Was it opened and used? Did you get it under the Cram and Jam promotion?

I bought it at a Target,it was used and they didnt charge me any restocking fee's....I lucked out.

Artimus
Jul 20, 2004, 06:33 AM
quit whining...
ok, so the price dropped. that, you know, happens.

if you want a new one so badly, why dont you try dropping your ipod and getting a new one?

Because not everyone has a couple hundred dollars to spend on every single whim they get?

Sharewaredemon
Jul 20, 2004, 07:53 AM
Because not everyone has a couple hundred dollars to spend on every single whim they get?

By dropping it he meant physically dropping it to break it that way they would send you a new one. I've been wondering about this, I have the applecare for my ipod 15 gig 3g adn I was wondering what would happen say in february if my ipod broke. Does anyone know if they would still have the 15 gigs 3g ipods in stock for repairs, or would they just give me a 20 gb 4g?

michaelrjohnson
Jul 20, 2004, 09:27 AM
By dropping it he meant physically dropping it to break it that way they would send you a new one. I've been wondering about this, I have the applecare for my ipod 15 gig 3g adn I was wondering what would happen say in february if my ipod broke. Does anyone know if they would still have the 15 gigs 3g ipods in stock for repairs, or would they just give me a 20 gb 4g?

Sounds like a good idea in theory, but AppleCare on iPods (http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/ipodwarranty.html) doesn't cover droppage. Only manufacturing defects... I think you'd have a tough time pulling it off without Apple calling you on the lie. Too risky for me! If I were in your position, I *would* "drop" it and sell it on eBay, and use that money towards a new iPod. iPods hold their value pretty well. Original 5GB iPods still go for over $100.