PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's 4G ship yet?

kungfu
Jul 20, 2004, 12:49 PM
... just wondering if anyone's 4G iPod has shipped yet...? I ordered a 40 gig early yesterday morning with overnight shipping and the order status still says "Open". I thought the PR release said that they were available immediately, but maybe the order status isn't always accurate...?

Maybe tomorrow...

jacobj
Jul 20, 2004, 03:09 PM
... just wondering if anyone's 4G iPod has shipped yet...? I ordered a 40 gig early yesterday morning with overnight shipping and the order status still says "Open". I thought the PR release said that they were available immediately, but maybe the order status isn't always accurate...?

Maybe tomorrow...

Happened to go to the Apple store just as the new iPod was launched yesterday morning (UK time)... I had completed my order within 5 minutes, so definitely no more than 10 min after they were made available.. I was assuming (rightly I think) that I'd be in the first 100 orders and I haven't got any news yet...just "open".

nina
Jul 20, 2004, 03:22 PM
This guy's did. Pictures:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=80655

SilentPanda
Jul 20, 2004, 03:33 PM
I would think that even before your ships they would be shipping those of us (such as myself) who ordered the old 40 gig late last week and now have a 4g 40 gig on the way... although... this morning I woke up (as I often do in the mornings) and looked at my order page. They had changed my engraving to some random person's name! So I called them and it was changed back on the order page but now it's back to the random guys name... so I guess I'll see... hmmmm....

kungfu
Jul 20, 2004, 09:23 PM
Well, mine shipped! Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow (overnighted it), although the nothing shows up when I try tracking it through FedEx... We'll see...

comictimes
Jul 21, 2004, 12:00 PM
wow, I'm impressed. I ordered mine yesterday afternoon, and got normal shipping. As of like 8:00 last night it hadn't shipped. Then I checked just now, 10:00 in the morning, and it has shipped and is supposed to arrive this afternoon. Admittedly, it's only traveling like an hour and a half, but still...

JFreak
Jul 21, 2004, 12:24 PM
mine shipped today, too. i wonder when they deliver ;)