Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GregUofMN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Hey everyone--

I just got a 15GB iPod from Target as a wedding gift from my buddies. Anywho, I just got back from my honeymoon (in the Riviera Maya, Mexico) this afternoon and opened it pulled it out of the box a couple of hours ago and then I read the apple news on macrumors.com and they've got new 20GB models. Am I screwed to keep this one that is litterly hours out of the packaging or can I return it and upgrade it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gracias.
Greg

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....unless there is some kind of defect, it is very unlikely that any dealer would exchange for a new model...and even then, it is possibl;e it would get replaced with another "old" model if there were still some around. You could try, but I would not be very optimistic about it....oh yeah!

(oh - congrats on the wedding, and the iPod gift)

tekno_geek911

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
As long as you have your receipt you should be fine,I returned my 15GB iPod to Target right after the new ones were released...Didnt even have to pay for a restocking fee :cool:

GregUofMN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
tekno_geek911 said:
As long as you have your receipt you should be fine,I returned my 15GB iPod to Target right after the new ones were released...Didnt even have to pay for a restocking fee :cool:

I got it as a wedding gift from my buddies and of course, no reciept.

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
GregUofMN said:
I got it as a wedding gift from my buddies and of course, no reciept.

Hey, did they give you a Target "gift" receipt?
I know when I shop at target, they gave out 2 recepts, the main one with the price and another one called a "Gift" recepit, that does not show the price, but still get the benefits of returning/exchanging the item at target. I don't know if they changed it, but its worth a try, ask your buddy if you got a gift receipt or maybe its stuck somewhere w/ the iPod box. :)
Hope it helps, Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.