Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
You know, if I came across this on eBay, I wouldn't give it a second thought, mainly because the iPods ship with such great headphones to begin with I'd only consider investing in one of those serious "noise cancelling" sets for mine.

Now that folks have pointed out that it's a total fake, I'd *almost* consider bidding on it for $10 just to have a souvenir for laughs. I might also consider sending a photo of it to Apple legal to test their reaction as well... :D

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Have you read his feedback? The words "con man" leap instantly to mind. The way he smooths things out with angry customers is to call them names. It's pretty entertaining to read. I wish I had more time.

So my guess is that those are the cheapest white headphones he could find, and he printed up some labels for them. Based on his overwhelmingly positive feedback I'd say he'll sell some and have happy customers. All that means is that 98.4% of people are idiots.

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
I don't know why some one would go through all that trouble for a small scam. It seems like a lot of work to get a few dollars (or pounds in this case). Not that I think what this person is doing is right, but it could be a whole lot worse.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Elan0204 said:
I don't know why some one would go through all that trouble for a small scam. It seems like a lot of work to get a few dollars
But enough little scams work out to a living. I scam $2 off you today and it's no big deal. But I scam 20 other people for $2 as well and I'm up $42 on the day. Not bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.