View Full Version : Time for new computer

Jul 23, 2004, 01:32 PM
My friend says he wants my 1.25 GHz eMac (the specs are in my signature). It has SuperDrive. He'll pay me $899, as i've had it for only a year. I also have $1200 of my own cash. I want another Powerbook, what do you think I should get? (Love my 15'')

:D :D :D

Jul 23, 2004, 01:37 PM
Well if you already own a PB why do you want another one?

Your eMac has good specs and will last you atleast 3 more year, if you really want to sell it do so but i think you should wait for the new iMac and get your self one. 1 PB is enough.

BTW why do you want to buy another one?

Jul 23, 2004, 01:42 PM
I work for a graphic arts firm- my current powerbook is for work, provied by work. Evil HR directors determined that if I use it for personal use, my 'privleges' will be revoked. :mad: :mad: :mad: So I guess if I want a computer for myself I need to buy one. :mad: :mad:

I love my work Powerbook, so I guess I should get another. The G5 iMacs sound AWESOME though. Hrmm... Powerbook, iMac, Powerbook, iMac... :confused:

Jul 23, 2004, 02:12 PM
Anyone know what I should get? I decided another Powerbook wasn't right for me. Imac? PowerMac? :confused:

Jul 23, 2004, 02:13 PM
I would say go for the PowerBook. I wouldn't suggest getting a Rev A G5 iMac because it's probably going to be plagued with buggs.

Jul 23, 2004, 02:14 PM
Ok, well if you decided against getting a PB then get the G5 tower.

Jul 23, 2004, 02:17 PM
I dunno if I should wait for the G5 imac- the allure of not having to buy a screen appeals to me. How are the current imacs? The specs seem OK.

Jul 23, 2004, 02:20 PM
Don't get one of the current iMacs, they aren't as good a machine the eMacs... if you want an iMac, wait until the G5

Jul 23, 2004, 02:24 PM
Update: My friend bought HIS OWN emac. Case closed. Thanks for the advice. :D

Jul 23, 2004, 09:37 PM
Update: My friend bought HIS OWN emac. Case closed. Thanks for the advice

B*&^#%D :)