PDA

View Full Version : setting up my avatar

question fear
Jul 24, 2004, 09:07 AM
So i noticed as I posted this morning I have reached 6502, but i can't figure out how to upload my avatar? I can see the edit avatar option but theres no way to upload anything, it just has the no avatar selected option there. :(
any suggestions?

jsw
Jul 24, 2004, 09:41 AM
It takes a little while for it to show up. Soon enough, you should see something like I've attached below....

question fear
Jul 24, 2004, 09:49 AM
yep. i saw it.
thanks!

continuum
Aug 28, 2004, 12:03 AM
So can I just reply to this 497 more times real quick and then I can get an avatar? Cool....496...

Mudbug
Aug 28, 2004, 12:15 AM
So can I just reply to this 497 more times real quick and then I can get an avatar? Cool....496...

yeah, you could do that, but it'd be a shame to get the boot, wouldn't it? The wasteland isn't all that inviting.

homerjward
Aug 28, 2004, 06:18 PM
well, i noticed you figured it out

keysersoze
Aug 28, 2004, 08:54 PM
yeah, you could do that, but it'd be a shame to get the boot, wouldn't it? The wasteland isn't all that inviting.

Are there any tips on making it animated? So many people have cool animated avatars. I haven't much experiece with that...but when I get one I want it to be really exciting... like applemacdudes dancing bananas :)

PeterBonnar
Aug 29, 2004, 01:09 PM
so where do i find out how many posts get you differnt ratings? i can't seem to find? am i being blind? stupid? or am i just a being a PC user?

pyrotoaster
Aug 29, 2004, 02:19 PM
You become a Mac Rumors 6502 (and can upload an avatar) at 500 posts.

Photoshop and ImageReady are probably the best way to put together a good animated GIF. Simply make each frame its own layer.

continuum
Aug 29, 2004, 02:32 PM
any share/freeware apps to do this?

pyrotoaster
Aug 29, 2004, 02:46 PM
Well, there's GifFun and GifBuilder, but neither of them are really any good (GifFun's GIF's are too big, and GifBuilder's are low quality).
And if you used one of those, you'd still probably need something Photoshop-esque to create the frames for the animation.

keysersoze
Aug 31, 2004, 02:04 PM
Well, there's GifFun and GifBuilder, but neither of them are really any good (GifFun's GIF's are too big, and GifBuilder's are low quality).
And if you used one of those, you'd still probably need something Photoshop-esque to create the frames for the animation.

AVATAR STATUS BABY!!! :) :D :) :D :)

And thanks to this thread I will hopefully have a cool avatar soon!

Thanks!

wPod
Sep 22, 2004, 09:27 AM
er i think i have avatar status now (i know i just passed 500 posts). . . but am also having trouble seeing this. maybe just waitin ga little more. . . wait wait wait. . . while im waiting you have any ideas for a cool avatar? i know ive posted another thread about this but any more ideas help!