PDA

View Full Version : Grrr. Need iPod Hard Drive Help

jaw04005
Jul 24, 2004, 11:42 AM
My ipod just decided to die a few days ago. All I can get is that Apple logo to show up. I have already tried restoring the iPod software, but still nothing. I also tried using the system diagnostic utility to check the status of the hard drive. I get the icon that shows the hard drive has problems and will repair on next boot (according to ipodlounge). Anyways, it works perfectly fine in Disk Mode. I have successfully copied several large files and transferred them to my iMac several times without corruption. I think it may be a problem with the partition structure instead of the hard drive itself. I tried using Disk Utility and repairing the Ipod's hard drive, DU says the volume iPod appears to be OK. Can I use Disk Utility to erase the hard drive, and then use the iPod Software Updater to restore? Thanks!

JOD8FY
Jul 24, 2004, 02:14 PM
I would give it a try and see what happens. Otherwise, take it to an Apple store to have someone look at it.

Good luck,
JOD8FY

jaw04005
Jul 24, 2004, 02:22 PM
I would give it a try and see what happens. Otherwise, take it to an Apple store to have someone look at it.

Good luck,
JOD8FY

Not under warranty, and Apple wants over $200 to repair it. I would rather get a newer iPod than have them repair it for $200. Is there a place where you can sell your ipod for parts?