Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Now found in your Software Update (OS X):

The Disc Recording Update delivers additional iTunes and Finder
support for a number of LaCie, EZquest, and Iomega CD-R devices. For a
specific list of supported devices, visit the Apple CD-R Compatibility site
at www.apple.com/itunes/notes.html.

barbaloot

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2002
San Francisco, CA
No help to me.

I swapped my DVD drive in my G4 out for a CD-RW by Phillips. I can burn CD's thru the finder but not iTunes. What is up with that. Useing toast is such a pain when I have all my music in iTunes to begin with.

prechrchet

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2002
Software update

I just tried to run Software update and even though my internet connection is up (Obviously, or I wouldn't be able to post this) it says that it is "not able to connect to the internet." I have checked my internet and network settings, and everything appears to be as it should.

Any ideas?

MM2270

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
New York
Had the same problem

i had the same "could not connect to Internet" error message earlier. i thought it was only me, but I see it wasn't. however, I just tried again, and all is working now. I suggest you try it again too.

rEd Eye

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2001
How about some added support for my piece o' ****e Superdrive that will NOT burn data cd'rs under any OS with any choice of burning software!!!!!

prechrchet

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2002
Re: Had the same problem

Originally posted by MM2270
i had the same "could not connect to Internet" error message earlier. i thought it was only me, but I see it wasn't. however, I just tried again, and all is working now. I suggest you try it again too.

Thanks, I got it to work after a restart.

Chet

Moonlight

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by rEd Eye
How about some added support for my piece o' ****e Superdrive that will NOT burn data cd'rs under any OS with any choice of burning software!!!!!

why can't you burn data CD-R's from your superdrive ?

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Originally posted by rEd Eye

If you have a superdrive in your G4 it should burn data CDs, audio cds, videoCDs, whatever. Mine didn't even come with a superdrive. I installed it after the fact. Took maybe 10 minutes. Bought a $20 copy of iDVD from the Apple store and I was doing great. Works exactly like regular superdrive (since it's the same pioneer A03 it should!)

Something is wrong with your box.

mhorn

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2001
SCSI Yamaha 4416 Drive Support

Has anyone been able to get a SCSI Yamaha CD-RW drive working under Mac OS X? Specifically, the Yamaha 4416 is the one I'm having problems with. Thanks for any help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.