specific list of supported devices, visit the Apple CD-R Compatibility site
at www.apple.com/itunes/notes.html.

Snowy_River
Jul 23, 2002, 01:46 PM
Geez, Apple messed up. The address for the compatibility page is

http://www.apple.com/itunes/compatibility/

not

http://www.apple.com/itunes/notes.html

I would hope that they could get little things like that straight...

barbaloot
Jul 23, 2002, 02:07 PM
I swapped my DVD drive in my G4 out for a CD-RW by Phillips. I can burn CD's thru the finder but not iTunes. What is up with that. Useing toast is such a pain when I have all my music in iTunes to begin with.

prechrchet
Jul 23, 2002, 04:06 PM
I just tried to run Software update and even though my internet connection is up (Obviously, or I wouldn't be able to post this) it says that it is "not able to connect to the internet." I have checked my internet and network settings, and everything appears to be as it should.

Any ideas?

MM2270
Jul 23, 2002, 04:21 PM
i had the same "could not connect to Internet" error message earlier. i thought it was only me, but I see it wasn't. however, I just tried again, and all is working now. I suggest you try it again too.

rEd Eye
Jul 23, 2002, 04:31 PM
How about some added support for my piece o' ****e Superdrive that will NOT burn data cd'rs under any OS with any choice of burning software!!!!!

prechrchet
Jul 23, 2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by MM2270
i had the same "could not connect to Internet" error message earlier. i thought it was only me, but I see it wasn't. however, I just tried again, and all is working now. I suggest you try it again too.

Thanks, I got it to work after a restart.

Chet

Moonlight
Jul 23, 2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by rEd Eye
How about some added support for my piece o' ****e Superdrive that will NOT burn data cd'rs under any OS with any choice of burning software!!!!!

why can't you burn data CD-R's from your superdrive ?

bretm
Jul 23, 2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by rEd Eye

If you have a superdrive in your G4 it should burn data CDs, audio cds, videoCDs, whatever. Mine didn't even come with a superdrive. I installed it after the fact. Took maybe 10 minutes. Bought a $20 copy of iDVD from the Apple store and I was doing great. Works exactly like regular superdrive (since it's the same pioneer A03 it should!)

Something is wrong with your box.

ryan
Jul 24, 2002, 09:05 AM
Does this update provide any additional functionality for PowerBook/iBook users with built-in CD-RW's?

mhorn
Jul 24, 2002, 03:59 PM
Has anyone been able to get a SCSI Yamaha CD-RW drive working under Mac OS X? Specifically, the Yamaha 4416 is the one I'm having problems with. Thanks for any help.