PDA

View Full Version : 2 Displays Mirrored?

spikymohawks
Jul 29, 2004, 04:07 PM
I just hooked my new display and for some reason I can't get it to be a secondary display. It only Mirrors the other display.
How can i get it so one display is primary and the other one secondary?

blodwyn
Jul 29, 2004, 04:17 PM
What Mac do you have?

spikymohawks
Jul 29, 2004, 04:33 PM
g4 quicksilver running panther

parrothead
Jul 29, 2004, 06:08 PM
Have you tried going to System Preferences > Displays > Turn off mirroring?

Mr Poop E Pantz
Jul 29, 2004, 06:48 PM
Some more information would help. Are you using one AGP graphics card, and if so which one, or an AGP and a PCI card?

spikymohawks
Jul 29, 2004, 08:55 PM
I am Not sure which type of displays Im using but one is the apple 15inch lcd (it has no power cable). the other is a phillips crt crap monitor were i have to screw in 2 screws when i plug it in (it has a power cable additional to the connection).
I am using a card that originally shipped with my computer.

Duff-Man
Jul 29, 2004, 09:22 PM
Duff-Man says...can you be more specific about the card you are using - Quicksilver's came with a few different cards. From your Apple menu choose "About this Mac" then choose "more info..." and it will launch System Profiler. In the PCI/AGP cards section it will tell you what card you have installed.....oh yeah!

spikymohawks
Jul 29, 2004, 09:37 PM
I needed that info. turns out its a AGP nvidia gforce 2.thank u heroic duffmann,now lets see u solve my problem...good luck
your truly adored mac user.
Xander

Duff-Man
Jul 29, 2004, 09:53 PM
I needed that info. turns out its a AGP nvidia gforce 2.thank u heroic duffmann,now lets see u solve my problem...good luck
your truly adored mac user.
XanderDuff-Man says....I'd have to check all the specs at Apple and/or NVidia but if I recall correctly you need the "twinview" version of the geforce to get true dual display support....oh yeah!

Mord
Jul 30, 2004, 05:11 AM
if it is a normal geforce 2 (which it probably is because the twinview was a very expensive bto option)

you can get a radeon 9000 that is dual head or a 9800 which is fast as hell and dual head