Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spikymohawks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
seattle
I just hooked my new display and for some reason I can't get it to be a secondary display. It only Mirrors the other display.
How can i get it so one display is primary and the other one secondary?

spikymohawks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
seattle
IDK

I am Not sure which type of displays Im using but one is the apple 15inch lcd (it has no power cable). the other is a phillips crt crap monitor were i have to screw in 2 screws when i plug it in (it has a power cable additional to the connection).
I am using a card that originally shipped with my computer.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...can you be more specific about the card you are using - Quicksilver's came with a few different cards. From your Apple menu choose "About this Mac" then choose "more info..." and it will launch System Profiler. In the PCI/AGP cards section it will tell you what card you have installed.....oh yeah!

spikymohawks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
seattle
thank

I needed that info. turns out its a AGP nvidia gforce 2.thank u heroic duffmann,now lets see u solve my problem...good luck
your truly adored mac user.
Xander

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
spikymohawks said:
I needed that info. turns out its a AGP nvidia gforce 2.thank u heroic duffmann,now lets see u solve my problem...good luck
your truly adored mac user.
Xander
Duff-Man says....I'd have to check all the specs at Apple and/or NVidia but if I recall correctly you need the "twinview" version of the geforce to get true dual display support....oh yeah!

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
if it is a normal geforce 2 (which it probably is because the twinview was a very expensive bto option)

you can get a radeon 9000 that is dual head or a 9800 which is fast as hell and dual head

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.