PDA

View Full Version : Airport Card Help

afilteredview
Jul 29, 2004, 04:39 PM
I have an iBook G3 computer with OS X 10.2.6

On Friday I bought an Airport Extreme Card and after a few hours I discovered that I bought the wrong airport card for the computer. Yesterday I exchanged it for the right one and I am installing it the right way according too all of the airport card installation instructions I have seen but ever time the card is installed and I plug the computer back in and put the battery back on and try to turn the computer back on it won't come on.

Does anyone know how I can fix this because I can't figure it out.

Whenever I take the card out the computer turns on just fine

Maybe I am doing something wrong

afilteredview
Jul 29, 2004, 05:47 PM
maybe someone knows of a site where I can get better details instructions because apple.com just isn't working out for me

afilteredview
Jul 30, 2004, 08:15 AM
cooooome on

im stuck here

i hope this isnt one of those things that is such a stupid thing to ask that it doesnt even deserve a response

:(

mkrishnan
Jul 30, 2004, 08:25 AM
No, I don't think it is (too stupid to deserve a response). You might try resetting the power management. Sometimes the computer may be confused by the presence of new hardware. To do this, look at this link:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449

Alas, I have an iBook G4 and my AE card came pre-installed....

afilteredview
Jul 30, 2004, 08:49 AM
I did what that article said and then tried to re-install the card and the same nothing happens

this is a little frustrating

mkrishnan
Jul 30, 2004, 09:42 AM
I did what that article said and then tried to re-install the card and the same nothing happens

this is a little frustrating

It may not be the answer, but you want to do it *after* you install the card, not before. So that when you re-initialize, you do so with the card.

But this is all very strange. Are you in the vicinity of an Apple store? Where did you get the card? Can they help you?

crazzyeddie
Jul 30, 2004, 09:45 AM
Are you sure you're installing it EXACTLY as the directions say? Does it fit into the slot snugly, or can you wiggle it around? Is it upside down? Does your replacement card say "Apple" and "Airport" on it?

afilteredview
Jul 30, 2004, 09:56 AM
It may not be the answer, but you want to do it *after* you install the card, not before. So that when you re-initialize, you do so with the card.

But this is all very strange. Are you in the vicinity of an Apple store? Where did you get the card? Can they help you?

I will try that. Closest Apple store is 45 minutes away , bought the card at a CompUsa and I guess I could call them but when I bought it it didn't seem like many of them knew much about macs

and yes I am installing it exactly, it says to put it in with the barcode and id side up so i do that, and install it and it fits just fine

afilteredview
Jul 30, 2004, 10:35 AM
ok that didnt work so it must be something else

i appreciate you guys helpings

afilteredview
Jul 31, 2004, 08:42 AM
might just give up and try to return the stuff