Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pharao111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
first question:
I've got my Macbook Pro 13" two month ago have 51 cycles behind me and the battery is down to 85% capacity according to Coconut. could it be that the battery is faulty?

second question:
before updating to 10.6.2 my screen was crazy bright but after updating my screen became darker then before. could it be that apple tweaked the dimmer? because previously when the dimmer was on lowest level before turning dark it was kind a bright but now the last dimm is really dark..does anybody else have the same experience?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
first question:
I've got my Macbook Pro 13" two month ago have 51 cycles behind me and the battery is down to 85% capacity according to Coconut. could it be that the battery is faulty?
Have you calibrated the battery and what does OSX show as how much capacity. I've no experience with coconut but if you're not experiencing any sort of shortened time span while on the battery, I'd not worry about it.

second question:
before updating to 10.6.2 my screen was crazy bright but after updating my screen became darker then before. could it be that apple tweaked the dimmer? because previously when the dimmer was on lowest level before turning dark it was kind a bright but now the last dimm is really dark..does anybody else have the same experience?
Unlikely, but do you have the "automatically adjust brightness" checked off on the display panel. Try deselecting if that is the case and see if that helps.

macgirl89

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
New York, USA
Check to see if you have the 9CC2 display panel. Go to System Preferences, Displays, Color, Open Profile, go to Apple Display Make and Model Information, and under Model it'll say what the display panel is.

I think it's likely that it's the 9CC2 because that might have been making your battery life deteriorate faster since the 9CC2 is brighter than other 13" MBP display panels. Or you might just have a faulty battery. Click on the Apple at the top of the screen, go to About This Mac, More info..., go to Power, and check the condition of the battery. If it doesn't say Good or Normal, then there is a problem and you need to get it exchanged.

Also, the 10.6.2 update fixed the brightness problem with the 9CC2 panels, so now it's much dimmer like the normal MBPs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.