PDA

View Full Version : ipod battery meter

toezter
Aug 1, 2004, 10:09 AM
last night around 10pm i charged my ipod (in the incase). this morning at 10am, it said "charged". i unpluged the unit from the charger, turned it on, then the battery meter read "low." i was a bit confused and started reading up on the forums. found the rights and wrongs, ect. while i let my ipod "drain" its batteries, i found that the meter went up to half. i took it out of the case, and read some more. then found that the ipod read "full" battery.

in that 12hrs, i don't know for sure that the ipod got hot durring its charge, probly tho. once i took out the ipod from the case, it was not hot.

anyone know what may have caused this?

fyi, 3rd gen ipod.

Thom_Edwards
Aug 1, 2004, 11:12 AM
i don't know what caused it, but i'm having a similar situation. it reads 'charged' on the screen, i unplug it, and the battery icon is very short. after a few re-plugs, it finally got to a full battery icon but it never said 'charged'. then, i swear i charged it for 6 hours, with the full icon, and it never quit charging. very strange indeed.

i just got my 3rd gen last week. after all i've heard about battery problems later on in ipod's life, i'm tempted to call in on the warranty. i just don't want to go without my lil pod!

Wes
Aug 1, 2004, 11:44 AM
last night around 10pm i charged my ipod (in the incase). this morning at 10am, it said "charged". i unpluged the unit from the charger, turned it on, then the battery meter read "low." i was a bit confused and started reading up on the forums. found the rights and wrongs, ect. while i let my ipod "drain" its batteries, i found that the meter went up to half. i took it out of the case, and read some more. then found that the ipod read "full" battery.

Nothing to be worried about. It takes time for the iPod to gauge how much battery it has in it. It remembered it was low from before you charged it and took a few minutes to calculate the new battery levels.

toezter
Aug 1, 2004, 08:37 PM
Nothing to be worried about. It takes time for the iPod to gauge how much battery it has in it. It remembered it was low from before you charged it and took a few minutes to calculate the new battery levels.

sounds about right.

it did however pump out music for my bike ride to work :) thanks.