Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

red42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Hello I've just bought a Mac Mini, please recommend me a monitor and let me know why you chose that?

Thanks and I love you all! :D

Milty77

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2009
Dublin
Depends where you plan on having it setup. I have mine setup to TV in sitting room. Only a new setup but the big plan is to use it as a home theater system. Using a 40" HDTV (Sharp Full LED). Little too big for typical use (internet etc) but the bigger picture is to invest in one of those 27" imac beauties as the main PC and connect the mini over wifi for music, movies etc.
Finance wise i'd go with a 26" full HDTV and have the option for tv etc. Again all depends on your big plan.
Mac may release a new cinema display now that the imac's are going down well. Another option there too.
Best of luck with it.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Depends...

If you wanted a real big screen, get a 30" ACD, though there would be more wires, and there would be no iSight or Mic built in...

If you just want a 24", with an iSight and Mic built in, plus less cords, get the 24" ACD. If I were you I'd get the 24" ACD.

And if you can't afford those two, you could get a Dell screen, 20", 24" or 30"...

Milty77

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2009
Dublin
Samsung also have a few HD monitors which are good and i think some have a digital tuner.
Did look around for monitors for my mini and found that Samsung - LG where best with the budget in mind. Dell is also a good option but found them a little more expensive. I suppose you get what you pay for!
The release of the imac changed my thinking so ditched the monitor and have it connected to TV.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Depends...

If you wanted a real big screen, get a 30" ACD, though there would be more wires, and there would be no iSight or Mic built in...

If you just want a 24", with an iSight and Mic built in, plus less cords, get the 24" ACD. If I were you I'd get the 24" ACD.

And if you can't afford those two, you could get a Dell screen, 20", 24" or 30"...

I would only get an Apple Display if you wanted the features of the 24" ACD and its built-in iSight, MagSafe (makes no sense), speakers, etc.

Otherwise get a Dell. Apple monitors are extremely overpriced.

OP, What is it exactly that you are looking for?

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2009
dual monitor

Just wondering has anyone hooked up a dual monitor set-up to the new Mac mini?

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
Just wondering has anyone hooked up a dual monitor set-up to the new Mac mini?

I had the early 2009 mini with the mini display port and mini dvi connectors. Using Samsung 2493 and Dell 2209. They worked great until I retired the mini for this refurb 24"..

The mini is a great dual monitor platform and served me well.

Cheers,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.