PDA

View Full Version : 360 fans get stuck in on mode

Acorn
Nov 22, 2009, 03:46 PM
recently my xbox 360 fans have been getting stuck in on mode. after playing the game and turning off my xbox 360 the fans stay running. after about 2 hours, the fan is still running. i turn on my system and turn it off quickly and the fans finally stops. almost like a temp sensor is not working or something. the fans dont seem to turn off on thier own anymore. any advice? is my xbox 360 dying?

dont tell me to buy a ps 3 i have 60ish xbox 360 games.

MacRumorUser
Nov 22, 2009, 04:49 PM
Do you have background downloading (whilst in powersave on) or anything plugged into your xbox (such as control pads charging).

Acorn
Nov 22, 2009, 10:02 PM
control pad is plugged in. nothing was downloading. its just weird that if i turn it on and off a second time the fan finally shuts off.

StruckANerve
Nov 22, 2009, 10:40 PM
control pad is plugged in. nothing was downloading. its just weird that if i turn it on and off a second time the fan finally shuts off.

Keeping the controller plugged in will keep the fans on for some reason. Mine does it. Just unplug the controller and the fans will turn off.

MacRumorUser
Nov 23, 2009, 05:32 AM
It thinks it's charging the control pad, hence it continues to be on - even in powersave/standby.

Unplug the controller.

Acorn
Nov 23, 2009, 02:29 PM
This is great news thanks guys. Ive had my 360 about 2 years now and was convinced something on it was gonna die. At least now I know all is well. Thanks again :)

lamina
Dec 3, 2009, 03:37 AM
Yup, the fan is on because the controller is charging. Kinda weird that the fan would need to be on to charge something over a 5 volt USB connection.