PDA

View Full Version : ipod mounting problems....

saunders45
Aug 5, 2004, 02:00 PM
I ahve a refurb 3g 10gb ipod i bought in may. Recently it has been acting up. Battery won't hold a charge, and resets automatically sometimes. Today when i went to update it on my mac, it wont even mount. All I get is an error saying that there are no volumes that mac osX can read. I've used reset it, my mac, used disk utility (which said that there was an invalid b-tree node), and when i went to use disk warrior, it said that the valoume wrapper was messed up and then it would quit. Any of you guys have similar problems?

applebum
Aug 5, 2004, 03:04 PM
I have a 3g 30gig. When it first came in, it wasn't charged at all. I tried to hook it up to my Mac and let it charge via Firewire, and I got these same exact errors. I had to plug it into the wall for an hour or so and then it would mount fine. Since you have had some problems with the battery, this may be your problem. Charge it via the wall socket for an hour or so and then hook it to your computer. Hopefully it will mount.

rock6079
Aug 5, 2004, 03:10 PM
I ahve a refurb 3g 10gb ipod i bought in may. Recently it has been acting up. Battery won't hold a charge, and resets automatically sometimes. Today when i went to update it on my mac, it wont even mount. All I get is an error saying that there are no volumes that mac osX can read. I've used reset it, my mac, used disk utility (which said that there was an invalid b-tree node), and when i went to use disk warrior, it said that the valoume wrapper was messed up and then it would quit. Any of you guys have similar problems?

when u plug it in, does it charge and not show up or does it not even charge the battery. and does it say do not disconnect ?

Horrortaxi
Aug 5, 2004, 05:21 PM
Just cheking on something--do you have an iSight? If so, unplug it and watch your iPod's problems go away.

If no iSight, then restore your iPod using the iPod Updater. If that fails then zap PRAM and reset firmware on the Mac.

Do you by chance unplug the iPod a lot without unmounting it first?

upperblue79
Aug 5, 2004, 06:35 PM
Follow these directions (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61584) and see if that might fix it. It is a good way to restore your ipod if it isn't mounting correctly for you.

saunders45
Aug 6, 2004, 07:53 AM
No i don't have an isight. No i didn't unplug it without unmounting it. t won't mount on any mac, not just 1. Yes, the battery was fully charged before I plugged it in. But it doesn't matter. Im sending it back to apple. it's still under warranty as I bought it in May.

rock6079
Aug 8, 2004, 04:08 PM
No i don't have an isight. No i didn't unplug it without unmounting it. t won't mount on any mac, not just 1. Yes, the battery was fully charged before I plugged it in. But it doesn't matter. Im sending it back to apple. it's still under warranty as I bought it in May.

had the same problem, could be the cable or the connecters either way .. try 'blowing' in the connectors get out dust or w.e could be there, and straighten out the cable..

ne wase i know u sent it back but it probablly wasnt a big problem so if it ever happens again