PDA

View Full Version : Help needed: Setup Airport Express for wireless Router ??

vzk
Aug 6, 2004, 08:47 AM
Hi all,

I feel a little shy as I'm not a real mac user, but only a happy and big fan of iPod and gadgets around it...

So, I just got a AiportExpress package, and I'm wondering how to set up my wireless router so that AiportExpress can connect to it as a client. I just want to use it to stream audio to my stereo system....

here's my config:
Sitecom broadband home station WL-018
- all nifty features in it (NAT, MAC control, router, WLAN, etc..)
- itunes for windows :rolleyes: on WinXP Professional SR1
- no wireless card in my desktop

Currently, I tried the following:
- entered the ethernet ID (shown on AiportExpress) as allowed MAC in
my sitecom config

This happens:
connecting the AiportExpress, it shortly shows green, but then falls back to blinking yellow/orange...

I know this might be the wrong forum, but you guys had the most experienced answers that I found so far!

Even if I'm a wintel user, could someone give me either a hint or some other links where I could find more solutions?

Many thanx in advance!
Volker

marcsiry
Aug 6, 2004, 09:12 AM
here's my config:

my sitecom config

This happens:
connecting the AiportExpress, it shortly shows green, but then falls back to blinking yellow/orange...

Hiya Volker,

I had a similar setup, but with a Netgear wireless router, and a Mac desktop.

My AEX kept doing the same thing, until i remembered I had restricted access to my router via MAC address filtering.

I added my AEX MAC address to the 'allowed MAC' list on my router's configuration page, and it now works perfectly.

Hopefully that will solve your problem as well.

Edit: Oops... I missed the part where you said you already did that. Sorry for the false hope...

vzk
Aug 6, 2004, 09:26 AM
Hiya marcsiry !

I got it working , but I needed to connect the AEX via Ethernet cable first - but only once. Then, after setting all things up, it's working fine now!

Thanx for your reply!
Kind regards,
Volker

Sabbath
Aug 6, 2004, 09:31 AM
Hi all,

I feel a little shy as I'm not a real mac user, but only a happy and big fan of iPod and gadgets around it...

So, I just got a AiportExpress package, and I'm wondering how to set up my wireless router so that AiportExpress can connect to it as a client. I just want to use it to stream audio to my stereo system....

here's my config:

my sitecom config

This happens:

I know this might be the wrong forum, but you guys had the most experienced answers that I found so far!

Even if I'm a wintel user, could someone give me either a hint or some other links where I could find more solutions?

Many thanx in advance!
Volker

The first things I would say are if fyou are connecting the airport express wirelessly to your network you need the airport MAC address rather than the ethernet ID. Secondly you need to put it in client mode using airport express assistant so it will connect to you existing network just to stream music.

janey
Aug 6, 2004, 01:20 PM
you could have read your setup guide. says blinking yellow light is like that theres a problem with (connecting to) your ISP or its out of range, stuff like that.