PDA

View Full Version : airport config problems

.a
Aug 6, 2004, 10:25 AM
i have a problem with "set up an airport base station". (airport extreme)
i get always the same message - even after pressing the reset key 10 seconds, i cannot config it new.

well, i once had a 128 encrytion on this airport basestation. then i disabled it to have a free spot ... this works great. though i now want to have 128 bin encryption again. well, right now i just don't know what to do.
i turned dhcp off and tried AirPort Admin Utility, though there it won't find the station.

what should i do?
thanks for your help
.a

varmit
Aug 6, 2004, 10:47 AM
i have a problem with "set up an airport base station". (airport extreme)
i get always the same message - even after pressing the reset key 10 seconds, i cannot config it new.

well, i once had a 128 encrytion on this airport basestation. then i disabled it to have a free spot ... this works great. though i now want to have 128 bin encryption again. well, right now i just don't know what to do.
i turned dhcp off and tried AirPort Admin Utility, though there it won't find the station.

what should i do?
thanks for your help
.a

Do have have the password typed in correctly. Connect to it using a wired network to reset everything and the password and retry. The base station seems to be a little messed up at the moment it seems.

.a
Aug 6, 2004, 12:39 PM
Do have have the password typed in correctly. Connect to it using a wired network to reset everything and the password and retry. The base station seems to be a little messed up at the moment it seems.

that is my problem - i can access the station without password (i once made a reset) but now i cannot config a new one.

how do i make a "total-super-reset" ? i just plugged out the powercable and put it in by having pressed the reset button 10 seconds - is there another way to do a reset on an airport extreme?

thanks for your help!
.a

janey
Aug 6, 2004, 01:00 PM
the super-reset is holding down the reset button for 5 full seconds, while its on. It changes your SSID to `Apple Network xxxxxx`, the base station's (not the network's) password to `public`, et cetera. Basically resets it to factory defaults.

Usually the super-reset is all you need to get it working again.
I've never encountered that non-Apple base station problem with either one of mine, so I can't really help ya there.

Good luck.

.a
Aug 6, 2004, 04:42 PM
the super-reset is holding down the reset button for 5 full seconds, while its on. It changes your SSID to `Apple Network xxxxxx`, the base station's (not the network's) password to `public`, et cetera. Basically resets it to factory defaults. Usually the super-reset is all you need to get it working again. I've never encountered that non-Apple base station problem with either one of mine, so I can't really help ya there. Good luck.

thanks! i did that sort of reset, too. though nothing changed ...
.a

janey
Aug 6, 2004, 04:49 PM
thanks! i did that sort of reset, too. though nothing changed ...
.a
what do you mean nothing changed? like the ssid didnt change? or the problem didnt go away?

seamuskrat
Aug 6, 2004, 05:59 PM
Do a hard reset as suggested. Unplug the unit for 5 minutes as well. Reboot your mac. Plug in base station and reconnect with SET UP ASSISTANT.

I had a similar issue with my APEx unit and I had to reboot and reconfigure in order to get it doing what i needed.

Good luck.