PDA

View Full Version : Battery Icon on G5?

chucksmac
Aug 8, 2004, 08:40 AM
I just set up my new dual 2.5 G5 and did the setup assistant transfer function. Everything worked perfect except for the the battery icon on the menu bar. What I mean is that there is a battery icon on the menu bar on a computer that has no real battery. I transferred the data from a titanium powerbook G4. I haven't tried dragging it off but I will in the morning. Has anyone encountered this?

Finiksa
Aug 8, 2004, 08:45 AM
That's not surprising, if you had a battery on the Powerbook and you used the new transfer utility included with new G5s then it'll transfer everything including menu items :rolleyes:
Just command-drag it off the menu bar, what's the problem with that?

crazzyeddie
Aug 8, 2004, 09:37 AM
Makes sense to me. The OS still has the battery checking software in it, even on desktop Macs, so this was probably enabled because of a preferences file that was transfered from your Titanium.

jackieonasses
Aug 8, 2004, 09:39 AM
this is the first time i have said this but

a portable G5 tower!!! with a car battery to handle all those fans! TRULY PORTABLE POWERBOOK~!

RGunner
Aug 8, 2004, 09:50 AM
My G5 has a battery icon, reads the UPS charge and time remaining when AC is cut... very nice.

Darwin
Aug 8, 2004, 11:25 AM
If you've copied the settings theres the possibility that Software Update will deliver Laptop updates (Battery Updates, hardware etc) , keep an eye out :p

chucksmac
Aug 8, 2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the responses, I'll try them in the morning when I get to my office.

C.

jsw
Aug 8, 2004, 12:58 PM
As you probably know, you drag it off the menu bar with a command-drag (i.e., command button + mouse drag).

Also, RGunner, very interesting about the UPS! I'll have to check that out when I get home!