PDA

View Full Version : Reason 4.0 small but annoying problem

leeluu
Dec 13, 2009, 02:33 AM
Hi all!
So I recently got Reason 4.0. Everything is great except....

When I open the folder to pick an instrument, the audio preview does not work. This is really unfortunate because it will not automatically play a preview of the instrument so I know what it sounds like before I choose it.

As you can see from the screenshot, the entire area is gray. Anyway to fix this?
Thank you bunches!!! <3

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/ayla3/Picture1.png

c-Row
Dec 14, 2009, 12:51 AM
Does this happen with Subtractor and Maelstrom patches as well? That's probably because they aren't samples or loops and therefore can't be previewed without a pattern lane already playing some notes on the respective device.

leeluu
Dec 15, 2009, 12:27 AM
Does this happen with Subtractor and Maelstrom patches as well? That's probably because they aren't samples or loops and therefore can't be previewed without a pattern lane already playing some notes on the respective device.

It happens with everything. Except the Dr. Rex Loop PLayer.
Subtractor
Thor Synthesizer
Malstrom
NN19 Digital Sampler
NN-XT
Redrum Drum Computer
:(

c-Row
Dec 15, 2009, 01:11 AM
It happens with everything. Except the Dr. Rex Loop PLayer.
Subtractor
Thor Synthesizer
Malstrom
NN19 Digital Sampler
NN-XT
Redrum Drum Computer
:(

The first three can't play a preview because they are just patches, not loops or samples, therefore Reason doesn't know how to preview them. Chances are that you tried to preview complex instrument patches with the NN devices as well, or a complete Redrum drum kit rather than individual samples.

The only things that can be previewed without any notes playing on the pattern lane are wav samples or Rex loops.

roadbloc
Dec 15, 2009, 04:00 AM
No problems here... have you tried looking in the preferences for anything... I know it may seem obvious, but thats where I went wrong with Reason when I didn't want patches to load their default instrument.

Or it could be because you have a MIDI control surface set up in Reason. Try highlighting an instrument in your patch browser and then press a few notes on your MIDI controller.