Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeLouis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Hi everyone,

I recently switched from:

Pro Tools 24 Mix - Apogee AD 8000 - Yamaha 02R console, to
Pro Tools LE - Mbox2 Pro - Yamaha MG 24/14FX console.

I did the setup the same way as the old one, and everythings’s working fine, except that the vocals now sound with a sort of short echo through the headphone, as well as in the monitors, although it isn’t recorded, just monitored. Any idea?

Thanks in advance

JoeLouis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Thanks everybody. Zimv20, you were right: enable low monitoring latency. It fixed the problem. I'm new with PTLE and I didn't know about this.

Drumjim85 and pKoch1, the H/W Buffer size is 512 samples and the DAE Playback Buffer is 1500 ms, Level 2. Are these parameters OK to work?

Thanks again:D

pkoch1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Boston
Thanks everybody. Zimv20, you were right: enable low monitoring latency. It fixed the problem. I'm new with PTLE and I didn't know about this.

Drumjim85 and pKoch1, the H/W Buffer size is 512 samples and the DAE Playback Buffer is 1500 ms, Level 2. Are these parameters OK to work?

Thanks again:D

Yeah, those settings should work. Just remember: lower Buffer Size = less latency. 512 samples is about 10ms of delay at a sample rate of 48k.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.