Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclamb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
Northern California
OK, the black sponges on my ipod earphones (that came with the ipod) keep falling off - they don't seem to hold their shape and then fall off easily.
Any ideas? (no i don't want to buy yet another pair of earphones, but will if there is a set out there better working and sounding than the ipod ones...)
thanks

friarbayliff

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2004
MN / IN
The problem is that the elastic action that initially keeps the ear sponges firmly wrapped around the earbud wears out too quickly. If they made them out of a material that didn't fatigue so fast, then I think people would like them better. Other headpones of similar design come with ear sponges that actually maintain their elasticity over time, therefore allowing them to actually remain attached to the headphone. C'mon apple, the solution is so easy

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
Your iPod should have a pair or replacements in the box, but those will fall off over time as well. My advice is to use the headphones without the sponges...I hated to at first but now I am used to them. The only trouble is that the bass is HORRIBLE.

Does anyone know if Apple (or Sennheiser) has changed the design of the headphones since the original iPod?

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
I have a mini I got a few months ago, and i already lost the sponges, kinda sux. The question is, does anybody sell those as spares? I couldn't find them at Target. :mad:

maclamb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
Northern California
Excellllllent - Thanks.
How typical apple - great design and innovation
crap on the minor details (can anyone say one button mouse)

just joking...no flames please! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.