PDA

View Full Version : Hotspot Shield for iPhone- easiest question ever!

andrewwg94
Dec 26, 2009, 01:59 PM
Go here: http://hotspotshield.com/clientless/iphone/

click get started and get account id. Tell me what u get.

UngratefulNinja
Dec 26, 2009, 02:00 PM
"We are unable to provide connection ID's at this time. Please try again later."

andrewwg94
Dec 26, 2009, 02:09 PM
"We are unable to provide connection ID's at this time. Please try again later."

ThanKs I thought it was my fault

salim43
Jan 3, 2010, 02:24 PM
I am still having the same response from Hotspot. Is there any solution for that?.:mad:

pcs are junk
Jan 4, 2010, 01:14 AM
im not going to try it, but it looks like a scam and may have downloaded some malicious software onto your computer, or they will spam you if you give them your email.

jc1350
Jan 4, 2010, 07:26 AM
im not going to try it, but it looks like a scam and may have downloaded some malicious software onto your computer, or they will spam you if you give them your email.

Hotspot Shield is is not scam. I've been using it for about 2 years when I'm on public wif-fi systems. It has had several positive write-ups including one in Macworld magazine, which is how I learned of its existence.

chrisperro
Jan 4, 2010, 11:59 AM
anybody here using hotspotshield with firmware 3.1.2?
I was using this VPN to listen to Pandora before update but after update I can't connect to Hotspotshield anymore.

Greenbook
Jan 12, 2010, 04:46 AM
anybody here using hotspotshield with firmware 3.1.2?
I was using this VPN to listen to Pandora before update but after update I can't connect to Hotspotshield anymore.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with you updating your iphone's firmware to 3.1.2. I was recently in China, and used the hotspotshield VPN (with server 68.68.107.100). It worked for a week and a bit, and then one day my iphone stopped being able to connect to the VPN. This stopped working roughly around mid december 2009. I thought that that the server had been blocked in China, and that is why I could no longer connect. Nothing changed on my iPhone firmware wise as I didn't take my laptop with me. However I've tried a number of times since getting back to Australia, and I still cannot connect to the VPN. Given that the you currently cannot get an ID from the hotspot shield for iphone site, I figure that problem is with hotspotshield. Perhaps they are having problems, or have shut down the direct VPN service. On my computer I can still use the hotspotshield program, so it's not like hotspotshield doesn't work at all. Perhaps the iphone version has been shut down since as far as I remember, there is no advertising when you use it on the iPhone.

andrewwg94
Jan 12, 2010, 05:53 PM
If anyone is still looking, itshidden.com worked for me on the iPhone. It's slow, but it works.

pallo
Jun 29, 2010, 11:01 AM
this is the instruction from Anchorfree, it works on mine 3G, 3.1.3:

>>
>> - ? ? ? ? iPhone->Settings->General->Network->VPN->Add VPN Configuration
>> - ? ? ? ? Select ģIPSecē tab
>> - ? ? ? ? Description : ģIPSecē (or any other)
>> - ? ? ? ? Server: 68.68.107.101
>> - ? ? ? ? Account: id from
>> http://hotspotshield.com/clientless/iphone/get_started.php; can use the
same
>> as for the currently deployed VPN (L2TP)
>> - ? ? ? ? Password: same as account
>> - ? ? ? ? Use certificate: Off
>> - ? ? ? ? Group name: hss
>> - ? ? ? ? Secret: hss
>> - ? ? ? ? Proxy: Off (default)

sasj15
Jul 4, 2010, 09:05 PM
this is the instruction from Anchorfree, it works on mine 3G, 3.1.3:

>>
>> - ? ? ? ? iPhone->Settings->General->Network->VPN->Add VPN Configuration
>> - ? ? ? ? Select ģIPSecē tab
>> - ? ? ? ? Description : ģIPSecē (or any other)
>> - ? ? ? ? Server: 68.68.107.101
>> - ? ? ? ? Account: id from
>> http://hotspotshield.com/clientless/iphone/get_started.php; can use the
same
>> as for the currently deployed VPN (L2TP)
>> - ? ? ? ? Password: same as account
>> - ? ? ? ? Use certificate: Off
>> - ? ? ? ? Group name: hss
>> - ? ? ? ? Secret: hss
>> - ? ? ? ? Proxy: Off (default)

Your configurations work fine on my iPhone 3G iOS 4 using IPsec option. I noticed that L2TP doesn't work with the given server ip address but it tries to connect though.

Thanks for your reply.