PDA

View Full Version : Burning Multiple Bin/Cue Files on a CD

Norouzi
Aug 13, 2004, 04:58 PM
OK, Hopefully someone will be able to tell me how to do this, or if it's impossible and I'm just sol, but I'm wondering if there's a way to burn multiple Bin/Cue files onto a CD using Toast 6. I have several mpg's that I've authored to VCD bin/cue files using FFMPEGX. The resulting bin/cue files are only about 25min long and I was hoping to put 2 on a VCD, but in toast it does not let me put more than one bin/cue file onto the CD. Is there any way to get this done, or will I need to try some other way to burn them? Thanks for any help.

mikesown
Aug 13, 2004, 05:13 PM
are you wanting to make a vcd with 2 videos on it? if so you'll need to make a simple menu or something, and you cant directly put the bin/cue files on a cd. you need to make a single bin/cue with menus or something of the like.

Elan0204
Aug 13, 2004, 08:02 PM
I think you will need to find a way to write one cue file that incorporates instructions for burning both bin files. However, I have no idea how to do that. Sorry. :confused:

seamuskrat
Aug 13, 2004, 08:27 PM
I think you will find VCDBuilder a good solution. Sadly, its a commercial App. I now they have a demo, but I do not know what it allows. But it will do what you ask nicely, with a menu even.

Norouzi
Aug 14, 2004, 01:18 AM
OK, so after many tries and many new coasters to add to my collection, I have found a way to burn multiple bin/cue files to a VCD (with toast 6 at least). So for anyone interested here's the deal. You can burn several .bin files of a VCD to a single CD if you select "Multi-Track CD-ROM XA" and then select the .bin files. Toast will create 2 files for each .bin file you select. One file will be only a few seconds long but the second will be the length of the movie. When you burn the disk it will be created as a VCD. Good for thoes of us with DVD players that will not play SVCD's ( such as my Sony DVD Player. Just be aware that the VCD will have 3 tracks when played in a DVD Player. The second track is nothing, kind of a place holder from what I can tell. The VCD's I've made with this method play fine in my DVD player, so for anyone who had the same problem as me I hope this helps.