Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knicksfan58

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
i was looking at posts today about the aluminum powerbook's surface corroding, leaving many black dots visible. i am now paranoid about this happening to my powerbook, and am wondering whether any products exist that protect the palm rest area of the powerbook, or cover it. i've seen reviewe d on other sites a product called the 'wrist rest' but haven't been able to find a place to purchase it. does anyone know about this or other products?

SolidGun

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Twin Cities
I use waterproof stickers of naked ladies. My hands get rather sweaty and I didn't know they made products to cover it. So I bought the same stickers that I use for my snowboard and stuck it where my palm rests.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
Kingsnapped said:
Yeah, I've seen little mouse-pad like things for laptops at target. Next time you're there, take a stroll down the PC stuff isle.

Yeah, I've seen them in the PC accesories isle at Compusa. I love how you have to go down the PC isle to find stuff for a mac. I picked up a coolpad for 5 dollars less because it was in the PC isle and not in the mac isle. The only difference was the color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.