PDA

View Full Version : M9324G/A

tdbaws
Aug 15, 2004, 04:15 PM
anyone know of a place that has really good deals on mac batteries? i'm looking for the M9324G/A which is the battery for the 12inch powerbook. Is there anyone selling this item?

Chaszmyr
Aug 15, 2004, 04:17 PM
Batteries can lose battery life as they age, especially if they aren't cared for properly. I'd be very hesitant to buy a battery from anywhere that wasn't a trusted retailer.

jimsowden
Aug 15, 2004, 05:04 PM
BTI (http://www.batterytech.com/searchResult.asp) has a generic one, if thats the rout you are thinking of taking.

iEric
Aug 15, 2004, 10:16 PM
at BTI, the 15" Al PB battery's price is the same as the Apple retail store price. then why not buy Apple's battery and not a generic?

tdbaws
Aug 15, 2004, 11:14 PM
Batteries can lose battery life as they age, especially if they aren't cared for properly. I'd be very hesitant to buy a battery from anywhere that wasn't a trusted retailer.

i'm looking for an extra battery, not one to replace mine. i've only had my mac a month, lol. i'm just going to be going overseas here in a month and want a spare.

Abstract
Aug 16, 2004, 06:01 AM
at BTI, the 15" Al PB battery's price is the same as the Apple retail store price. then why not buy Apple's battery and not a generic?
Yeah, I say buy it from Apple. If BTI's batteries had the same capacity for the same price, then buy from Apple. Seriously, Apple's 12" PB batter is 50 Watt-hours or something according to it's specs page. The BTI page states their battery at the equivalent of a 48.84 Watt-hour capacity, which is less. It isn't much less (4-5 minutes of battery life), but for the same price, get it from Apple.

tdbaws
Aug 16, 2004, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I say buy it from Apple. If BTI's batteries had the same capacity for the same price, then buy from Apple. Seriously, Apple's 12" PB batter is 50 Watt-hours or something according to it's specs page. The BTI page states their battery at the equivalent of a 48.84 Watt-hour capacity, which is less. It isn't much less (4-5 minutes of battery life), but for the same price, get it from Apple.

o0k, thanks for the help fellas.

Chip NoVaMac
Aug 16, 2004, 09:11 AM

And the PB 12" battery is is about $20 more than Apple's....