Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Hi ladies and gents. Just a quick question. If you have filled your 11 pages, in fact, say if you have over 200 to 250 apps, is there a way to delete them if they aren't on your 11 pages of apps ? Meaning, the apps you have to search for, can they be deleted ?

IndustrialSpace

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
somewhere
Hi ladies and gents. Just a quick question. If you have filled your 11 pages, in fact, say if you have over 200 to 250 apps, is there a way to delete them if they aren't on your 11 pages of apps ? Meaning, the apps you have to search for, can they be deleted ?

Of course!

Go into iTunes and either uncheck them or delete them from your Applications tab. Afterwards hit the Sync button.

Viola!

App du jour gone!

You can also delete them from your iPhone directly. Just hold one of the icons for a few seconds and they'll start to shake with an "X" - click "X" and you're done!

IndustrialSpace

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
somewhere
Other than what is already posted as a solution for you, there is one more:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/808051/

See post #7 of that thread. I've never verified this, but the poster and others stated that you could actually increase the number of viewable pages to any number desired (as long as space was available on the flash drive).

If you need more than 11 pages of apps, you've got bigger problems. Perhaps its a good time to find a drug habit.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
If you need more than 11 pages of apps, you've got bigger problems. Perhaps its a good time to find a drug habit.

Or, you have 4 people with various ages sharing 1 device.

Because really, a 41yo, a 13yo, 10yo and 5yo do NOT like the same stuff.....

I have an entire page of math drill and flashcard stuff... they can pick what they want to do, but they all like different stuff.

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Of course!

Go into iTunes and either uncheck them or delete them from your Applications tab. Afterwards hit the Sync button.

Viola!

App du jour gone!

You can also delete them from your iPhone directly. Just hold one of the icons for a few seconds and they'll start to shake with an "X" - click "X" and you're done!

I should have clarified my question further, I meant delete it on the iphone (without syncing).

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
This doesn't work for Apps on the "extra" pages that only show up in iTunes. You can't get rid of them on the device.

Then , as a previous poster stated, Sync and uncheck the apps you don't want on the device, and ther resynch. You keep the Apps in iTunes, and can choose to move theme on and off your device.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I should have clarified my question further, I meant delete it on the iphone (without syncing).

Then , as a previous poster stated, Sync and uncheck the apps you don't want on the device, and ther resynch. You keep the Apps in iTunes, and can choose to move theme on and off your device.

I know how to do it - but the OP stated he was looking for a solution to not use the sync.

I haven't had a chance to read the link posted - i posted while on hold with Amazon for 30 minutes while they argued with UPS to deliver my new Touch today instead of tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.