Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilburpan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
I recently bought a Sony DVD player, and was pretty excited because it is supposed to be able to play mp3's. Unfortunately, for some reason it won't play mp3 CD's made with iTunes, which make up nearly all of the mp3 CD's I have.

Is this a widespread problem? And can anyone point to a DVD player that will play mp3 CD's made with iTunes?

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
What model is your DVD player, I have a Sony DVP-NS315 and it play's MP3 CD's burned from iTunes with no problem. Also you can check online at sony's website for the Documentation. They have a nifty chart that shows exactly what format's will work with a specific player. Have you also tried a different brand of CD?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
My Philips 625K plays them fine. It also plays any MPEG videos that may be stored on the CD, and can play imported DVDs too :D

wilburpan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Norouzi said:
What model is your DVD player, I have a Sony DVP-NS315 and it play's MP3 CD's burned from iTunes with no problem. Also you can check online at sony's website for the Documentation. They have a nifty chart that shows exactly what format's will work with a specific player. Have you also tried a different brand of CD?
The Sony DVD player I got is the DVP-NS425P. It's been replaced by a newer version. My CD-R's are made by TDK, so it's a brand name, not a cheapo generic CD-R, so I don't think that's the issue. They have worked for me for every other application I've put them to.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
My Apple-supplied combo drive won't read* 'TDK Gold' CD-Rs, so try a different brand, just in case.

*It reads them fine if they were recorded with the same drive, but it won't touch the ones I recorded with my iBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.