Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

FOXNews.com reports that Apple's January 27th media event is expected to include the introduction of Apple's much-anticipated tablet device and iPhone OS 4.0, as well as iLife 2010. According to the report, no iPhone hardware is expected to be shown.
I spoke to a source at Apple this morning, before the invite hit my inbox, who said the event would likely focus on three projects: The tablet device, iPhone 4, and a new round of iLife 2010 software. While we won't see new iPhone hardware just yet, we will see the next-generation software.
The author of the report, Clayton Morris, had previously claimed to have "confirmed" a January 26th date for the media event, although it is unclear whether the early reports of an event on the 26th were incorrect or if Apple tweaked its plans to move it to the 27th. Morris had also vaguely claimed in his earlier report that the media event would focus on the "mobility space", which would be in line with discussion of the tablet and iPhone OS 4.0.

A report from earlier this month claimed that Apple has been developing a multi-touch version of iWork, although Morris' source made no mention of iWork as a topic of discussion for next week. It is unknown at this time what enhancements will be included in the next generation of iLife and whether any of them will include multi-touch capabilities and the ability to run on Apple's tablet device as rumored for iWork.

Article Link: January 27th Media Event: Tablet, iPhone OS 4.0, iLife 2010?

iRACK

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2009

FOXNews.com reports that Apple's January 27th media event is expected to include the introduction of Apple's much-anticipated tablet device and iPhone OS 4.0, as well as iLife 2010. According to the report, no iPhone hardware is expected to be shown.The author of the report, Clayton Morris, had previously claimed to have "confirmed" a January 26th date for the media event, although it is unclear whether the early reports of an event on the 26th were incorrect or if Apple tweaked its plans to move it to the 27th. Morris had also vaguely claimed in his earlier report that the media event would focus on the "mobility space", which would be in line with discussion of the tablet and iPhone OS 4.0.

A report from earlier this month claimed that Apple has been developing a multi-touch version of iWork, although Morris' source made no mention of iWork as a topic of discussion for next week. It is unknown at this time what enhancements will be included in the next generation of iLife and whether any of them will include multi-touch capabilities and the ability to run on Apple's tablet device as rumored for iWork.

Article Link: January 27th Media Event: Tablet, iPhone OS 4.0, iLife 2010?

Just linked to that a minute ago in the before this one thread.

puffnstuff

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2008
I think the new iLife is going to come with a graphics program. Got that from the paint splatter on the invite. :D

zenbient

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2009
Figure out a better Video Library...

iLife now has home videos in iTunes and iPhoto...

iPhoto is NOT a place for Videos...

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Nonsense! Everyone knows the :apple: iSlate/Tablet is an imaginary product! :eek:

Disclaimer: Move along folks, nothing to see here. ;)

...:rolleyes:

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Oh, I'm excited about some iLife stuff. I hope they change the wood sides in GarageBand.

And will my blutooth headphones be able to play next track in iPhone OS 4.0?

Exciting stuff!

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX

Yeah, video library functionality needs to be moved to iMovie, and let iMovie be less "project based" and instead have a landing pad to view all the videos in your library before you decide to edit one.

dagamer34

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Would I be able to update my iPhone 3GS to iPhone OS 4.0? Is that what is expected?

If iPhone OS 4.0 were tied to new hardware, it wouldn't be unveiled before new hardware was announced. Besides, that would be 100% dumb.

Granted, older iPhone/iPod Touch users aren't going to get all of the features than iPhone OS 4.0 brings, but those features won't be announced until a new iPhone is (stuff like Voice Control, Video Recording, and Digital Compass in 3.0).

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
New Cinema Displays!!!

32" with webcam and I'll be happy as a clam...

It's only been 5 years or more since the 30" was introduced!!!

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth

Amen. I would love to have imported videos from my camera either moved directly in to iTunes (I don't end up doing a lot of editing of movies shot with my camera anyway). They just muck up my iPhoto library and I never think to look for them in there anyway.

Push them directly into my iTunes library, and segregate them off into a separate "home movies" tab (like the TV and Videos tabs), sorted by date. Or better yet, let me subscribe to them like a Podcast on my iPod, so after I've seen them, they fall off my radar, but are still easy enough to find.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
A photoshop-lite like application would be a very nice addition to iLife.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

I'm pretty sure that Apple and Adobe are already well into working out programs for the tablet. There's no way Adobe could NOT turn out a trimmed up Photoshop for such a device, unless the device doesn't allow PS type work.

Makes sense, because the last two years we saw the next iphone OS at this timeframe (the March 2008 and 2009 SDK events), and the tablet should be obvious. I hope the new iLife 2010 will be 64 bit. And please don't yell at me that the pro apps aren't 64 bit yet and iLife won't need it. The more things that are 64 bit the better, and GarageBand, iMovie, iPhoto will surely improve in performance with 64 bit capability. I think we'll finally see the new iDVD with the iTunes LP creation that was previously rumored. But remember with new iLife comes new iWork. They were always updated alongside eachother...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.