Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
iLife now has home videos in iTunes and iPhoto...

iPhoto is NOT a place for Videos...

Yeah, video library functionality needs to be moved to iMovie, and let iMovie be less "project based" and instead have a landing pad to view all the videos in your library before you decide to edit one.

I agree. I have always thought it was weird to import video into iPhoto. iMovie should have a library and all your captured videos should stay there unless you export them into your iTunes library when finished editing!

iLife + iWork + iTablet + expanded iPhone OS + art/note capabilities + right price = SALE

Makes sense, because the last two years we saw the next iphone OS at this timeframe (the March 2008 and 2009 SDK events), and the tablet should be obvious. I hope the new iLife 2010 will be 64 bit. And please don't yell at me that the pro apps aren't 64 bit yet and iLife won't need it. The more things that are 64 bit the better, and GarageBand, iMovie, iPhoto will surely improve in performance with 64 bit capability. I think we'll finally see the new iDVD with the iTunes LP creation that was previously rumored. But remember with new iLife comes new iWork. They were always updated alongside eachother...

Yep yep yep. I believe we will see iWork as well as iLife. And I also have predicted since Apple introduced iTunes LP & Extras that we will see the ability to make those built into iDVD or a new iLife app. I am way excited for that! :D A new Photoshop light like app for iLife would be cool too, especially on the iSlate! I also think that iSlate will come with iLife, and if Apple REALLY wants to make a splash, they should include iWork as well! I can kinda see them moving to that model where iWork is included, but you pay to subscribe to iWork.com. :eek:

benlee

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Tomorrow? You mean next week?

I am DYING to see a new MBP. Because if Apple releases one, I'll have one ordered right when it's available.

Anyone think this is likely?

I think he means tomorrow. Could be a silent update on their site. It is likely Apple will update the MBPs sometime between now and the end of the event. Or it could be sometime in February. Its close.

SParis

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2003
Was trying to use iMovie 09 the other day and man is it hard work to achieve some basic things, like say, i want to add a picture to my movie, but NOO you cannot do that without using iPhoto. The picture was a quick internet grab and i do not want to have to dump it in iPhoto to import it and then have to remove it afterwards. I would like to be able to just drag it from my desktop into my project pane in the part of the video i would it to appear. And even when i did use the iPhoto method, the iPhoto importer did not work and would not show the picture as if it never existed.... ugh.

Hmm... don't know what's wrong with your system, but I use iMovie '09 version 8.0.5 along with Mac OS X 10.6.2 and I can drag a jpg image from my Desktop straight onto my project - no problem.

As for the upcoming event, doesn't anyone realise what this means? Forget the tablet: Apple are finally going to announce a G5 laptop!!!

MCIowaRulz

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2009
I want an Arrandale MBP 15"! Any thoughts on that? :p

I want a 17 inch
Macbook Pro i7-620 @2.26 Ghz
8GB DDR3
500 HD@7200 RPM (Hope a 1TB is offerd)
ATI 5830 GFX Car with 512 MB of Ram
I'm excited like a school girl:p
(I'm a Broadcast Major and of all the Computers we have 12 Total only 6 run FCP 5 and of those 5 only 1 is a MacPro Quad-Core)
VERY SAD I KNOW:(

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I agree. I have always thought it was weird to import video into iPhoto. iMovie should have a library and all your captured videos should stay there unless you export them into your iTunes library when finished editing!

:confused: Have you used the new version of iMovie? It has exactly what you're talking about. All of the videos imported into iPhoto (since they're from "still" cameras) also show up there in iMovie. Methinks you're a bit behind on your tech.

jW

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
:confused: Have you used the new version of iMovie? It has exactly what you're talking about. All of the videos imported into iPhoto (since they're from "still" cameras) also show up there in iMovie. Methinks you're a bit behind on your tech.

jW

I also would like iMovie to be able to directly import videos from Cameras into whatever Event I want. I don't like being "stuck" with importing into iPhoto. There is no reason Apple can't implement this.

mikegtown

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2010
Seattle, WA
iLife 2010

1) Will come with free Mobile Me subscription.
2) iPhoto + iMovie = iMedia
3) Will all be available as iPhone/iTouch apps

smeagol

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2003
New York
Wow, this is an interesting rumor. In the same way Apple bundled it's popular iLife suite to differentiate them from PCs and allow users to be up and running using picture galleries, movie editing, music archival and basic website creation, they could potentially add a touch variation of iLife to set them apart from the many, many flavors of tablets that were clearly evident at CES. I don't know, but I somehow have the feeling that in trying to preempt Apple in the tablet space, vanilla manufacturers are setting themselves up to look even more behind the curve :eek:

If it's from Fox News, it's likely nonsense. Tablet, yes. iLife and iPhone 4.0, no.

First time for everything.

Apple is a little to liberal for them.
Can you all take this BS somewhere else? I don't want to go offtopic, but it's not like CNN and MSNBC are the best sources of news, either. Example. Any replies that would go way off topic send me in a PM.
Rush Limbaugh is one of the most prominent Apple enthusiasts. This political nonsense is getting very annoying on the forums lately.
Thank you.

ipoppy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
UK
I think he means tomorrow. Could be a silent update on their site. It is likely Apple will update the MBPs sometime between now and the end of the event. Or it could be sometime in February. Its close.

Well its seems that new MBP will be major update so I don't think it become silent. Anyway I look forward to change my old MBP :)

smeagol

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2003
New York
I want a 17 inch
Macbook Pro i7-620 @2.26 Ghz
8GB DDR3
500 HD@7200 RPM (Hope a 1TB is offerd)
ATI 5830 GFX Car with 512 MB of Ram
I'm excited like a school girl:p
(I'm a Broadcast Major and of all the Computers we have 12 Total only 6 run FCP 5 and of those 5 only 1 is a MacPro Quad-Core)
VERY SAD I KNOW:(

I know what you mean, I am a motion graphics designer and I'm curious about the tablet and iPhone OS 4, but what I'm really waiting for is a Mac Pro update with possibly 12 cores. I'm really hoping that software catches up with all that processing muscle and the full power of Snow Leopard to make that baby scream.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Clayton was just on "This Week in Media" with Alex Lindsay at live.twit.tv. He mentioned in the chat room that these were the same inside "sources" that confirmed the 26/27th date weeks ago.

They told him to book his plane ticket. :D

So, tablet with an iPhone OS 4.0 preview and iLife '10 release it is!

DCBass

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2004
Washington, DC

Perhaps this complication may be solved by the rumored iGuide. Basically, a souped up iLife browser/Adobe Bridge-like app for all of your personal projects.

It would be nice to see a basic image manipulation app included in iWork. It seems silly to have to go into pages or keynote to do that fancy alpha-select thing. Also, would be nice to see them acquire Pixelmator. Those guys have worked their behinds off and have a solid product. It'd be a shame to see Apple completely demolish them with something of their own, when Pixelmator is a fine app as it is.

Cheers,

DCBass

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
what is going to be in iPhone OS 4.0? I really am going to get the Nexus One unless the 4.0 update provides better notifications, better lock screen, multitasking.

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
No. Next week Apple releases it's financial results. They won't release any new hardware a day after financials are reported.

How quickly we forget... The new iMac showed up the morning after the last quarterly report. That was the impetus behind all of the wording in the release and subsequent questions about tighter gross margins and increased shipping costs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.