PDA

View Full Version : ACID flashback

powertoolyzf750
Aug 20, 2004, 11:27 AM
Hi, Plugged my 15" G4 laptop into my cinema display this morning and WOW - the screen looked like an acid flash back. Tried the laptop on another cinema display that was working fine and it was just as nuts! Re-installed OSX - still no joy? any ideas. It works fine as on it's own 15" screen - but not on the cinema display - weird and worrying!

Thanks

Dan

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 20, 2004, 11:43 AM
For those of us who have not had experiences with an "acid flash back" could you please describe it in more detail.

powertoolyzf750
Aug 20, 2004, 11:49 AM
ah hem, I went to art school - that's my excuse - but back on topic...

flashing, strobing screen in various colours. The screen on the laptop is fime - on either mirror or split screen. On the cinema screen - you can see whats going on - folders, mouse moves etc - but just a really scratchy, strobing colour load of horridness.

thanks

dan

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 20, 2004, 12:15 PM
Are there horizontal lines too?
If yes, then I've seen that before on one of the imacs at school. Every time it would wake up from sleep you would get a "acid flash back" My solution was just to restart.
How old is the cinema display?

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 20, 2004, 03:51 PM
Does it look like this picture (http://nlayton.000k2.com/images/acid%20flashback.jpg)?
I did a little photoshop with a motion blur to try and get it to look like what I've seen in the past.