Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quisguous

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Nice find! My RunCore SSD's performance is still good though, so I think I'll probably wait for them to offer a less convoluted install process for Macs. May be a while of course...

coast1ja

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2009
Is there anything similar for the stock SSD in a Rev. B? Mine seems really slow as of late.

Runcore

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
Found this in the bug fix doc from Indilinx regarding FW 1916.

Bug Fix: performance drop issue in quite clean state. This problem is fixed with changing weak dynamic wear leveling parameter

Runcore

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
Is there anything similar for the stock SSD in a Rev. B? Mine seems really slow as of late.

There are some patches for this problem with Gen 3 SSD's I know it works with the JMicron 601 and 602 controller. I am not sure if there is a mac version or something like it.

http://flashfire.org/xe/

Many people use this with the Runcore Pro III SSD's they report it helps but does not compare with a new Pro IV SSD.

Matt Dawson
Runcore

quisguous

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Runcore support FTW

I emailed support@runcore.com, told them I'm on a Mac, and asked them to send me an ISO to update my runcore drive's firmware. They asked for my drive's PN. I sent them my hard drive info from the system profiler instead (includes model name, serial number, etc). They emailed me an ISO (was about 700k big). I burned the ISO to a blank CD, booted off the CD, ran the .EXE that was in the root dir, and it updated my firmware. I booted to bootcamp, took a look in the hardware manager, and verified the new firmware version.

Piece of cake!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.