PDA

View Full Version : Manually manage movies and tv shows while retaining auto-sync for music

nicotine
Jan 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
Is there any way I can manually manage the movies and TV shows on the iPod while retaining the auto-sync of my music? Or is the separate tabs and check boxes for movies/music sync Apple giving us the illusion of choice?

I have my iPod currently set to auto-sync my music but not my movies and TV shows, but that still doesn't allow me to drag and drop my movies and TV shows onto my ipod.

Alternatively a way to sync all the movies and TV shows once then manually manage them from then on out would be helpful too.

garylapointe
Jan 27, 2010, 11:43 AM
Is there any way I can manually manage the movies and TV shows on the iPod while retaining the auto-sync of my music? Or is the separate tabs and check boxes for movies/music sync Apple giving us the illusion of choice?.

I used to do my manually music that way but I still synced my podcasts and videos. I had it all on a big drive at home and just dragged to the iPod, so I didn't waste space on the computer. Assuming they didn't change the way it works. I can't test it because if I uncheck "sync" it looks like it'll delete everything on my iPhone (so your pre-sync won't work).

Gary
http://GarySaid.com/