PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning MOUNTING iPad in special place?

strangeday
Jan 28, 2010, 02:55 AM
I know I won't shut up about iPad in the car :o But what about you? You have any special place in mind for it? I LOVE custom jobs on things and would really like to hear what you plan on doing with this gadget besides carrying it around.

Chaos123x
Jan 28, 2010, 02:58 AM
Seems like allot people are just planning on mounting it.

strangeday
Jan 28, 2010, 03:24 AM

Really? Haven't heard this from anyone here yet. I look forward to hearing what ideas they have.

Jaro65
Jan 28, 2010, 03:40 AM

Where? The bathroom?

:)

steverunner
Jan 28, 2010, 03:53 AM
Behind the bike sheds was always a special place for me.

poppe
Jan 28, 2010, 03:59 AM
Actually I have a few places I'd love to mount it. The first and most important one would be having this as a 9" navigation system in my car.

The second would be to have a stand that is attached to my bed that swivels out and over so the pad is floating over me like a monitor, yet is in arms reach so I can still control and use it.

tofagerl
Jan 28, 2010, 04:05 AM
Ooh, loving the bed-swively-thing.
Maybe some sort of collarbone-mounting-device where you could have it a few inches in front of your face would be nice as well, but that MIGHT be going overboard...

Pixellated
Jan 28, 2010, 10:08 AM
I like the idea of it being a kind of 'Bed entertainment system', dare I call it that :D. I.E. stuff like EyeTV Live, Jaadu VNC, Youtube, Mail, and web in your bed.

Artofilm
Jan 28, 2010, 10:15 AM
actually, just thinking about it. It'd be a VERY cool home music system. Mount the iPad onto the wall and connect it to the home speakers around the house. Then you've got a home music system-kiosk kinda thing.

It's not something I'd do but I just thought of that in about 10 seconds, give some time and I'm sure there will be some crazy things done with this!

mrkjsn
Jan 28, 2010, 10:19 AM
I would mount one on my forearm so it's EVERYWHERE I go. :D

roland.g
Jan 28, 2010, 10:30 AM
What's with all the bed stuff.

iPad, bed, girl (optional), lube, video, need I say more :D

iBlue
Jan 28, 2010, 10:33 AM
Special places? Mounting? Custom jobs? ...Just what kind of thread is this?

iWoz
Jan 28, 2010, 10:35 AM
I know I won't shut up about iPad in the car :o But what about you? You have any special place in mind for it? I LOVE custom jobs on things and would really like to hear what you plan on doing with this gadget besides carrying it around.

Nice idea!

MattyBwrx
Jan 28, 2010, 10:36 AM
actually, just thinking about it. It'd be a VERY cool home music system. Mount the iPad onto the wall and connect it to the home speakers around the house. Then you've got a home music system-kiosk kinda thing.

It's not something I'd do but I just thought of that in about 10 seconds, give some time and I'm sure there will be some crazy things done with this!

It would be cool to control tv,lights,window blinds,fans, etc sort of all in one remote that can browse the web and is a book reader.

bigjnyc
Jan 28, 2010, 10:36 AM
I would mount it in the toilet where crap belongs.:p

dmr727
Jan 28, 2010, 10:56 AM
Special places? Mounting? Custom jobs? ...Just what kind of thread is this?

Only the best kind of thread!

iMJustAGuy
Jan 28, 2010, 11:47 AM
Actually I have a few places I'd love to mount it. The first and most important one would be having this as a 9" navigation system in my car.

I thought it didn't have the GPS chip?

ronjon10
Jan 28, 2010, 12:15 PM

Ditto, it's going to be pretty poor as a nav device without the GPS. I was a little surprised they even showed the map functionality during the introduction.

The iphone 3gs does great with nav with the gps. Other versions, not so much.

Flybye
Jan 28, 2010, 12:18 PM
I'm going to get an app that has constantly changing faces, tie it around my neck and wear it for Halloween. :D

MikeyTree
Jan 28, 2010, 12:34 PM
The 3G model probably does. The tech specs say that the 3G model has "assisted GPS", which is the same phrase that the iPhone tech specs use for its GPS.

Aloush
Jan 28, 2010, 12:41 PM
I am thinking of mounting it in my bedroom on a wall like in the middle of the room.
But make it so it's removable of course :)

HiFiGuy528
Jan 28, 2010, 12:50 PM
In the car!

MajorTCS
Apr 6, 2010, 12:32 PM
I want to mount it either on the outside or inside of a cabinet. Mostly use for recipes. Eye level.