PDA

View Full Version : New iMac already next Monday?

Veldek
Aug 25, 2004, 08:59 AM
Appleinsider sources say so:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=613

CmdrLaForge
Aug 25, 2004, 09:03 AM
Appleinsider sources say so:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=613

Thats what they say. Even so I can't really believe it, because that would be BEFORE the keynote.

We will see.

Veldek
Aug 25, 2004, 09:13 AM
Thats what they say. Even so I can't really believe it, because that would be BEFORE the keynote.

We will see.

Right. Thatís what I also thought. But with the announcement of new iMacs already done, the confirmation of G5 chips to be used in it and Steve Jobs not doing the keynote, the probability of this being true is higher than normally.

P.S. I always wanted to say, how much I love your Avatar. I still remember watching Nick Knatterton being a lot of fun.

stoid
Aug 25, 2004, 09:29 AM
Uhhh, next Tuesday is the 31st of August. The keynote IS the 31st of August. Official site. (http://www.apple-expo.com/uk/keynote/)

If Apple releases the G5 iMac next Tuesday it will be no surprise because
it's what we ALREADY expect!!

wtf, what a bunch of retards over at appleinsider :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

keysersoze
Aug 25, 2004, 09:36 AM
Uhhh, next Tuesday is the 31st of August. The keynote IS the 31st of August. Official site. (http://www.apple-expo.com/uk/keynote/)

wtf, what a bunch of retards over at appleinsider :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stoid, tell us how you really feel... :)

I think it's going to happen. And with the shamefully crappy spec's that ThinkSecret listed. :(

Veldek
Aug 25, 2004, 09:48 AM

You should really pay much more attention before you scream like this. Itís MONDAY we are talking about here, which is August, 30th. This means it would be ONE DAY BEFORE the keynote.

Mord
Aug 25, 2004, 09:52 AM
i'd say the imac will suck if it's out on monday so it dosent get booed just like they did with the g5 missing 3GHz if it's on stage released it should be good.

if it has a 5200 i will hate it.

stoid
Aug 25, 2004, 11:10 AM
You should really pay much more attention before you scream like this. Itís MONDAY we are talking about here, which is August, 30th. This means it would be ONE DAY BEFORE the keynote.

doh, yeah, but still though, reading extra careful this time...
The introductions are expected to begin appearing on the company's website as early as Monday evening.

Monday evening 7-10 PM EST = 4-7 AM Tuesday morning in Paris. Still earlier than the Expo itself I guess, but just enough so that the Mac faithful don't have to stay up late/get up early to get Expo details live. Really not earth-shattering.

;)

SilentPanda
Aug 25, 2004, 11:22 AM
I still think it'd be cool if Phil (he's giving the 'note right?) didn't announce the new iMac but as he was leaving stage he stops and says...

"Oh... and there is... just one more thing."

Que Steve on the screen via iChat to introduce the new iMac.

stoid
Aug 25, 2004, 11:33 AM
I want to see the spiffy iMac G5 video that Apple will surely have made for the event! :D :cool:

Flying Llama
Aug 25, 2004, 11:38 AM
Bah! Why would they do that? It's not like they're 4 year olds who can't wait one more day...

comictimes
Aug 25, 2004, 12:41 PM
Bah! Why would they do that? It's not like they're 4 year olds who can't wait one more day...
They might not be, but some of us are :p . I for one could wait another day, but I'll certainly have no problems with getting to see the new imacs a day earlier.

StealthRider
Aug 25, 2004, 03:52 PM
Most at AI expect the actual announcement to be on tuesday, but for there to be a leak of some kind on the monday immediately before the keynote.

edesignuk
Aug 25, 2004, 03:59 PM

http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/macros/noshtsherlock.jpg

Improved++ :D

MacsRgr8
Aug 25, 2004, 04:46 PM
He he.. you got your milestone......

Now... how many pics posted???
500,000? :D

G4-power
Aug 26, 2004, 07:24 AM
if it has a 5200 i will hate it.

I agree with the 5200 part.
That video card is years old. Certainly not innovation to use them.

G4-power
Aug 26, 2004, 07:26 AM
doh, yeah, but still though, reading extra careful this time...

Monday evening 7-10 PM EST = 4-7 AM Tuesday morning in Paris. Still earlier than the Expo itself I guess, but just enough so that the Mac faithful don't have to stay up late/get up early to get Expo details live. Really not earth-shattering.

Hmm, possible. The exact time doesn't matter, as long as they get them announced at the keynote or before. They promised September IIRC, I hope it doesn't mean September 30th.

Vanilla
Aug 26, 2004, 07:49 AM
I'd just like to point out that the article did NOT say that the new iMac would be released on Monday.

It simply state that there would be a number of new product offerings launched next week, some of which would begin to be introduced as of Monday. The iMac MAY be one of those being announced on Monday but given that the expo is on Tuesday that is unlikely.

Here is the exact quote from the article (capitals are mine):

"AppleInsider has confirmed through multiple reliable sources that Apple is preparing to unveil new products early next week. The introductions are expected to BEGIN appearing on the company's website as early as Monday evening."

Vanilla

Veldek
Aug 26, 2004, 07:59 AM
I'd just like to point out that the article did NOT say that the new iMac would be released on Monday.

It simply state that there would be a number of new product offerings launched next week, some of which would begin to be introduced as of Monday. The iMac MAY be one of those being announced on Monday but given that the expo is on Tuesday that is unlikely.

Here is the exact quote from the article (capitals are mine):

"AppleInsider has confirmed through multiple reliable sources that Apple is preparing to unveil new products early next week. The introductions are expected to BEGIN appearing on the company's website as early as Monday evening."

Vanilla

That's right, but it also says:

"While sources did not provide specifics of the announcements, it's widely expected that Apple will finally introduce its all-new G5 iMac, which has been delayed since late June."

But it could be even more interesting if something else is introduced.