PDA

View Full Version : G4 Dual 867 to G5 Dual 1.8 worth it?


stvli
Aug 26, 2004, 09:38 AM
I was considering whether to sell my G4 Dual 867 MDD and upgrade it to a G5 Dual 1.8Ghz. Do you think its worth it or should I wait?

Thanks :)

jsw
Aug 26, 2004, 09:42 AM
All waiting (reasonably short term) is likely to do is give you a dual-2.0 at the dual-1.8 price point (and same restrictions) - and the 1.8 performs almost as well as the 2.0 - while at the same time reducing by a bit what you can get for your current system (by waiting hence aging it more). If you don't need to jump, you can wait, but I doubt you'll kick yourself if you jump now.