Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arjena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
According to Apple this should be incredibly easy but I can't get it to work.
I set up an account called addresses on the server (called snowserver). It's a normal, non-administrative account.
On one macbook I set an account in address book app to addresses@snowserver.local. I add a contact. Quit address book. Open it again and the contact is still there. Now I make the same account on a second macbook. The previously created contact is not there. I can add a contact which is still there as i re-open the app, but it appears as though both computers keep their own records.
I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.
Can somebody point me to a setupsnowleopardaddressbookserverfordummies?
This addressbook server is the main reason for switching to SL server.

Thanks,

Arjen

happygareth

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2010
UK
Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server for Dummies - Can be found on Amazon

# ISBN-10: 0470450363
# ISBN-13: 978-0470450369

arjena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
Hi,

Yes, I know about the book. Of course my remark was meant to be a joke... But I ordered the book just the same.
Mysteriously though, after following the same steps again, the server works as it should. I kept the old setup in a backup and it appears to be exactly the same as my setup now...
That Apple manual will help me explore things further. Wonder why I could not find that on the Apple site.

Anyway, thank you both for taking the time to answer me.

Arjen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.