PDA

View Full Version : Sharing address book contacts

arjena
Feb 9, 2010, 05:33 PM
According to Apple this should be incredibly easy but I can't get it to work.
I set up an account called addresses on the server (called snowserver). It's a normal, non-administrative account.
On one macbook I set an account in address book app to addresses@snowserver.local. I add a contact. Quit address book. Open it again and the contact is still there. Now I make the same account on a second macbook. The previously created contact is not there. I can add a contact which is still there as i re-open the app, but it appears as though both computers keep their own records.
I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.
Can somebody point me to a setupsnowleopardaddressbookserverfordummies?
This addressbook server is the main reason for switching to SL server.

Thanks,

Arjen

happygareth
Feb 16, 2010, 07:25 AM
Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server for Dummies - Can be found on Amazon

# ISBN-10: 0470450363
# ISBN-13: 978-0470450369

mcprobie
Feb 16, 2010, 07:31 AM
Or try the Apple Support Manual: Address Book Server Administration (http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/AddressBkServer_v10.6.pdf)

arjena
Feb 16, 2010, 07:42 AM
Hi,

Yes, I know about the book. Of course my remark was meant to be a joke... But I ordered the book just the same.
Mysteriously though, after following the same steps again, the server works as it should. I kept the old setup in a backup and it appears to be exactly the same as my setup now...
That Apple manual will help me explore things further. Wonder why I could not find that on the Apple site.

Anyway, thank you both for taking the time to answer me.

Arjen