Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TenderBranson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2003
Found it circulating on the Thinksecret messageboard. Apparently it was on Apple's French site as a pop up for a short amount of time.

totem_apple_expo_pro_uk.gif

Supercomputer on your wall?

Supercomputer on your lap?

Supercomputer in your brain?

Speculate away.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Oh ... my ... word. What is all the hype about surrounding that one ad? By definition, the PowerMac G5 is a supercomputer, because it performs 1 gigaflop or more. Same goes for every Apple product with a G4 in it. The expected G5 iMac is no different. Have people forgotten that the Big Mac isn't the only way to build a supercomputer?

Of course, I'll be in class during yet another Apple expo.

TenderBranson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2003
King Cobra said:
Oh ... my ... word. What is all the hype about surrounding that one ad? By definition, the PowerMac G5 is a supercomputer, because it performs 1 gigaflop or more. Same goes for every Apple product with a G4 in it. The expected G5 iMac is no different. Have people forgotten that the Big Mac isn't the only way to build a supercomputer?

Of course, I'll be in class during yet another Apple expo.

I think you're missing the point. I think the key part in the ad was on "on your desk", as if a wall-mounted imac or some sort of portable machine was going to be announced.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
TenderBranson said:
Found it circulating on the Thinksecret messageboard. Apparently it was on Apple's French site as a pop up for a short amount of time.

totem_apple_expo_pro_uk.gif

Supercomputer on your wall? check, just nail your pb to the wall (kidding)

Supercomputer on your lap? check

Supercomputer in your brain? well...now, about that...edit: got it! glue a 12'' pb to your head:p

Speculate away.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
that image was posted on Mac Bidouille

as for next - it might just be a teaser for the G5 iMac. we'll see soon...

D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Ah yes, one of these "before and after" series posters - one version before the announcement, then a second version with the black space filled in for the second version.

Hmm, so what's after as super computer on your desk? A supercomputer on your wall, in other words a mountable G5 iMac? Although the whole "monitor with the hardware and guts in the back" model for a wall-mounted iMac is intriguing, I just don't see it happening with the current G5 heat issues. If they can do this for the G5 iMac, then they can make G5 PowerBooks - and we all know they can't do that and won't be able to for quite some time yet.

Guess we'll all find out in a few days!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.