PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST: IPOD PICS

applemacdude
Aug 29, 2004, 01:50 AM
can anyone post pics of their ipods with the rainbow effect so i can compare mine to yours? Thanks!

cb911
Aug 29, 2004, 03:21 AM
what do you mean 'rainbow effect'? :confused:

and which get iPods are you talking about. i think i've got a 3rd Gen iPod, i've never seen any 'rainbow effect'. :confused:

applemacdude
Aug 29, 2004, 01:48 PM
The effect when u have the lcd in certain lighting conditions...kinda like when u press a calculator lcd or like a lil mini oil spill

King Cobra
Aug 29, 2004, 02:09 PM
The effect is really evident with the 5GB (1st generation) model iPod displays in high-lighting conditions, especially in outdoor sunlight.

Edit: Do an Altavista image search for the effect (and vary your search terms). There should be a pic there of the effect. http://images.altavista.com

EMKoper
Aug 29, 2004, 02:51 PM
A light source, especially ambient light, infront and behind at the same time tends to cause the optical interference pattern....

applemacdude
Aug 29, 2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks ! Any more?

oingoboingo
Aug 29, 2004, 04:36 PM
can anyone post pics of their ipods with the rainbow effect so i can compare mine to yours? Thanks!

I have a 20GB 4G iPod, and the rainbow effect really isn't noticeable at all under normal lighting conditions...until you are wearing polarised sunglasses, and then the rainbow ripple through the display plastic is so severe you need to take your sunnies off to read the display! Sorry, don't have any pictures where my camera is wearing my Bolle's to prove it :)

Electric Boris
Aug 29, 2004, 05:41 PM

i_am_a_cow
Aug 29, 2004, 06:18 PM
One time I was wearing sunglasses and my iPod looked so bad, that I started yelling at people asking which one of my siblings broke it. They all thought I was crazy. Finally I took the glasses off... :)

G5orbust
Aug 30, 2004, 01:47 AM
*rainbow picture*

Oh God I almost fell out of my chair laughing!

crees!
Aug 30, 2004, 02:42 AM
A light source, especially ambient light, infront and behind at the same time tends to cause the optical interference pattern.... Phew... I thought I was the only one with a slightly fractured screen. I have a 3G 40GB model and I can see the same thing when I look at it at that angle.

cb911
Aug 30, 2004, 02:55 AM
*the magic of iPod*

ha ha!! :D he he cool. it's gold i say GOLD!! :D

and to make it even funnier, just as i'm looking at the picture, my Dad answers the phone and says "oh, hi Dudley". :D LOL!! :D

realityisterror
Aug 30, 2004, 05:25 PM
i don't get that at all on my 3G 15GB... then again, i've only had it for about 3 weeks.. (or is it 4 now?)
maybe as more pressure is put on it over time, it becomes more prominent?
i just barely managed to get the display to look a bit purple...

end of post #499,
reality

applemacdude
Aug 31, 2004, 06:54 PM
Any more pics would be appreciated...

applemacdude
Sep 1, 2004, 11:00 PM
Sorry for double post but....

i really need more pics..especially outside and multiple angles

thanks