PDA

View Full Version : Is this the new iMac g5?

juicyapple
Aug 30, 2004, 12:37 AM
I found this picture while searching the web for the time of the Apple Expo tommorow. I don't know if it is the new iMac. But its worth a shot. I mean, if it isnt, then what mac is that?

http://www.apple-expo.com/uk/keynote/

-jen

applemacdude
Aug 30, 2004, 12:41 AM
I dont see anything

juicyapple
Aug 30, 2004, 12:45 AM
Look in the bottom right hand corner.

I dont see anything

sorryiwasdreami
Aug 30, 2004, 12:48 AM
I see the apple expo paris home page with the Eiffel Tower and a big robot. Do you mean the computer that the guy is working on in the robot pic? It's so hard to see that little screen.

.Andy
Aug 30, 2004, 12:49 AM
Nah that's just the Eiffel tower.

Apple would never design something as aesthetically insulting as that monstrosity ;).

homerjward
Aug 30, 2004, 12:50 AM
Look in the bottom right hand corner.
that, my good sir, is a 17" studio lcd display

aus_dave
Aug 30, 2004, 01:33 AM
that, my good sir, is a 17" studio lcd displayI'm not so sure, the 17" is more of a square and the screen in the pic looks like a wide screen (with a thicker bezel at the base).

The creation date on the pic is March 4th 2004 so is it an old photo or is someone having some fun?

CmdrLaForge
Aug 30, 2004, 03:29 AM
I see nothing !? :confused: What do you mean :confused:

aswitcher
Aug 30, 2004, 03:33 AM
Pics to low res for me to tell...

realityisterror
Aug 30, 2004, 05:28 AM
how could it be? the event hasn't even happened yet...
it's just a cinema display... who cares what size...

reality

dotnina
Aug 30, 2004, 05:46 AM
The bezel looks really, really thick.

I'm going to have to go with "older model of a studio display."

(Here's the pic, BTW)

iMeowbot
Aug 30, 2004, 05:55 AM
One thing is for sure, no one is going to have pictures of the new iMac's introduction without the aid of a time machine.

Darwin
Aug 30, 2004, 06:12 AM
If Apple are keeping the iMacs under Lock and Key, are keeping the posters and booths covered and not letting anything leak out (like the PM G5 :D ) I doubt they will ruin it by having it in a picture on a website :rolleyes:

Edge100
Aug 30, 2004, 06:55 AM
If Apple are keeping the iMacs under Lock and Key, are keeping the posters and booths covered and not letting anything leak out (like the PM G5 :D ) I doubt they will ruin it by having it in a picture on a website :rolleyes:

Yeah, Apple would never ruin a new product announcement by, say, posting the specs of the computer on the Apple Store a day before the anonuncement...or perhaps by displaying the computer in a major national magazine the night before the announcement.

Nah, never! Not Apple! ;)

NusuniAdmin
Aug 30, 2004, 06:56 AM
thats just a pic from a previous expo, thats all.

aus_dave
Aug 31, 2004, 08:06 AM
Not that it's that important, but now that I've seen the new iMac it looks very, very similar to the screen in the image shown above. Check out the thicker bezel at the base.

Maybe it was a clue after all ;).