Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you buy the Apple iPad Case

• No, I will not buy the Apple Branded iPad Case

Votes: 15 8.5%
  • Yes, I plan on buying the Apple Branded iPad Case the same day I purchase my iPad

Votes: 100 56.8%
  • Yes, but I plan on buying the Apple Branded iPad Case sometime after purchasing my iPad

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • No, I plan on buying a third party iPad case

Votes: 41 23.3%

• Total voters

RR08EvoX

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Simple, 4 question poll. Please choose the option that best fits your thoughts about buying an iPad case.

*Information and pictures regarding the iPad case are located towards the bottom of this page on Apples site: http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
I will purchase a nice sleeve when they become available by someone. The apple case is just too odd/bulky looking and plus its $$$.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
not buying anything for it yet. I like my apple gear naked, after all that effort Mr. Ives put into it. Although if I find it slipping and sliding off my legs I might get a neoprene type sleeve for it, just to make it a little stickier, and to stop it marking/scratching my coffee table

I like the idea of the Apple case, but the execution looks cheap and nasty. I expect the usual 3rd party suspects to copy and improve on the case/stand concept in the next few months.

Is there anything like this for the ipod touch? I use that on trains/planes a lot and would like something that'll make it stand up when watching a movie.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
I like the idea of the Apple case, but the execution looks cheap and nasty.

I agree - - I'm going to have to see what that sharp edge weld feels like in person before I consider buying one, but the overall design seems good.

Astro8973

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
I will eventually buy a case. I don't know if I will when I pick up my iPad on launch day though. I really need to see/feel apple's case before spending $40 on it. It looks kind of cheap in the pictures. :/

thejakill

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2005
I'm interested in the m-edge lattitude case, but just as a case to carry it in. When I use my ipad, I want it to be naked!

d0mth0ma5

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
Rtfq

where is the "not buying a case" option?

That would be the "No, I will not buy the Apple Branded iPad Case" option. If you are going to buy a 3rd party one you would choose "No, I plan on buying a third party iPad case".

wyneken

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2010
The great State of Maine
For me the attraction of the case is its ability to prop up the iPad in a way that makes it easier to look at the screen without holding the device in your hand. I'm thinking this might be especially helpful if one chooses to use the Apple bluetooth keyboard.

That said, I'm certainly open to 3rd-party alternatives.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I'm going to want a number of case i know that. I'm a case nut (Or a nut case...not sure which)

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
There should be an "I'll decide whether to buy the Apple case when I see it in person" option.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
Hyperbole FTW.

I'm not sure which is more entertaining, the use of the phrase in this situation or the use of phrase 6 posts after the issue was already addressed/answered.

If you consider smug mockery to be a means of answering/addressing an issue, then you're correct.

The OP has said this was intended as a simple poll focused on whether people will be buying the Apple branded iPad case. A couple of posters have pointed out that they would have liked a poll option for no case at all. Another suggested an option for deciding after seeing it. If anything, I would say that these suggestions are a compliment to the OP, because they see the value in this poll, but are offering refinements which would have made it even better.

At any rate, they are much more constructive posts in comparison to your condescending post which simply attempts to impotently 'pile on', while not adding anything of relevance to the topic at hand.

johndango

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2010
Redmond, Wa
I don't understand the concept of buying a sexy device and then putting it in a clunky case. No case plz. Thanks. Just gotta be careful. I don't think I will be mountain climbing AND trying to e-read on the iPad on the same time too often.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I like the fact that the Apple case makes it possible to prop the iPad up. This should be quite convenient for typing. I'll either buy the Apple case, or look at something similar from another manufacturer.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I like the fact that the Apple case makes it possible to prop the iPad up. This should be quite convenient for typing. I'll either buy the Apple case, or look at something similar from another manufacturer.

This is why I'm interested in a case, too. I keep my iPhone naked and would generally prefer to do the same with the iPad, but it seems like a properly designed case might improve the ergonomics of using it in certain situations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.