Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dangermou5e

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
London
Hi all,

I have a issue with MobileMe which is stopping me from actually buying it. Currently on the 60 day trial. The service it self isn't cheap IMO, but the feature it offers for locating your phone and wiping all data from it is almost like an insurance policy. But this email issue I'm having is a major deal breaker for me, because as I said, it isn't cheap. The gallery, file transfer iDisk option and @me.com address are features which serve purpose for me. I'll get to the point -

I heard it would be possible (from an Apple store employee in the UK) that if I got MobileMe I would be able to have my Gmail email pushed to my iPhone. This seems to be incorrect, because I can only set the @me.com email address to push. The others only have an option for fetch.

Am I doing it wrong ???

I would love some advice on this.

Some feedback on what MobileMe is like in general would also be appreciated.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
you can set up gmail as an exchange account and have it pushed that way. What the apple store guy may have meant is that you can have your gmail forwarded to mobile me and that way it basically gets pushed through mobile me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.