Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Let's say that sometime in the future, Apple releases a quad-CPU Mac (whether multiple cores are part of the quad CPU setup is irrelevant). Do you think Apple will revive the Quadra name for these Macs?

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
The Quadra series had some fine models, no doubt. But let's just leave that uneven and very beige history on the shelf and move forward.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Les Kern said:
The Quadra series had some fine models, no doubt. But let's just leave that uneven and very beige history on the shelf and move forward.
Anyone have a better idea for what name to assign to the first quad-CPU Mac?

paxtonandrew

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
I Come From A Land Down Under
I sincerely hope not! All of those code-names bring back a hint of the beige type computers that Apple was using in the early 90's. Someone in the marketing section of Apple will give it a cool name like -G5 squared or the like. The old names have died a horrible death.

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Well since apple's first quad machine will probly be (as steve jobs would call it) a Dual Dual-core powermac I say we call it the q-mac....

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
NusuniAdmin said:
Well since apple's first quad machine will probly be (as steve jobs would call it) a Dual Dual-core powermac I say we call it the q-mac....

Dual dual-core powermac... *drools*

jrober

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2003
Heathfield, UK
Thought I'd have a go lol.
4Mac
4th Apple Dimension
FourPlay (A gaming specific apple giving 600fps on Doom 3 but still some MacRumors readers complain wanting more)
Quadwrangle
4pple
Quinse
10G (4x2.5) aka "the heater"
G20
4G (Based on the fact our phones will still be on 3G)

On second thoughts back to my day job. Fun though

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
jrober said:
Thought I'd have a go lol.
4Mac
4th Apple Dimension
FourPlay (A gaming specific apple giving 600fps on Doom 3 but still some MacRumors readers complain wanting more)
Quadwrangle
4pple
Quinse
10G (4x2.5) aka "the heater"
G20
4G (Based on the fact our phones will still be on 3G)

On second thoughts back to my day job. Fun though
"Quadwrangle" is my favorite of the names you listed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.