PDA

View Full Version : is this a cover for the new iPad?

heathsouter
Mar 3, 2010, 06:26 AM
Deal Extreme has posted protective cover for "touchscreen macbook" do they really mean the new iPad?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.33740

stridemat
Mar 3, 2010, 06:39 AM
Im sure they meant the iPad.

Chupa Chupa
Mar 3, 2010, 07:01 AM
Yeah, they meant iPad. They are one of those Hong Kong based companies that make knock-off accessories. I've bought from them before via eBay. They make decent stuff -- really hard to discern from most of the comparable official "made for..." version.

vini-vidi-vici
Mar 3, 2010, 10:57 AM
It's amazing to me that these places can't get such details right. I mean, somebody spent a bunch of time taking those images, uploading them, making the web page... and they can't even get the iPad name right? The language barrier is no excuse... this is not difficult stuff.

I see this kind of thing all the time... just blows my mind that these people can actually get it together enough to manufacture these things if they can't even get the name right.

t0mat0
Mar 3, 2010, 11:34 AM
It's amazing to me that these places can't get such details right. I mean, somebody spent a bunch of time taking those images, uploading them, making the web page... and they can't even get the iPad name right? The language barrier is no excuse... this is not difficult stuff.

I see this kind of thing all the time... just blows my mind that these people can actually get it together enough to manufacture these things if they can't even get the name right.

Sometimes it might be kind of useful they're giveaway signs for fake acessories/hardware!

spammerhamster
Mar 3, 2010, 12:14 PM

the aren't allowed to use the correct name

johndango
Mar 3, 2010, 12:51 PM
Seems like a good idea to buy a product that hasn't been able to verify that actually works with the real product. What if they move a port like a quarter inch or something?

darngooddesign
Mar 3, 2010, 12:52 PM
Seems like a good idea to buy a product that hasn't been able to verify that actually works with the real product. What if they move a port like a quarter inch or something?

LOL, its due out in what two months, no ports are going to be moved.

johndango
Mar 3, 2010, 01:08 PM
LOL, its due out in what two months, no ports are going to be moved.

You don't know how long ago this was designed.

I'm just saying that they've never had a product to place their cover on. It's probably not gonna fit the best.

greygray
Mar 4, 2010, 02:55 AM
touchscreen macbook

They probably haven't changed the name yet.