PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs at Oscars

rowanmwilliams
Mar 7, 2010, 07:52 PM
It has been confirmed old Steve-o is at the Oscars.

But why?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-10465212-36.html

bradl
Mar 7, 2010, 07:55 PM
It has been confirmed old Steve-o is at the Oscars.

But why?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-10465212-36.html

I believe Up was nominated for an award...

BL.

mx12
I think that there are some Disney/Pixar films that are nominated for an oscar, like Up, and the Princess and the Frog.

alansmallen
UP is nominated for Best Picture and he is the majority stockholder at Disney.

rowanmwilliams
Mar 7, 2010, 08:05 PM
UP is nominated for Best Picture and he is the majority stockholder at Disney.

Ahh i had forgotten about UP, but even though jobs is a majority stockholder i didn't think he would be there, maybe Pixar means more to him than i thought.

alansmallen
Mar 7, 2010, 08:08 PM
Ahh i had forgotten about UP, but even though jobs is a majority stockholder i didn't think he would be there, maybe Pixar means more to him than i thought.

He has always been a big supporter of Pixar. Every nomination gets a certain amount of seats (more for best picture) so I'm sure Disney/Pixar has enough to invite Jobs.

Melrose
Mar 7, 2010, 08:50 PM
Looks like it won, too. That was a shoe-in but well deserved. Up was a great movie, both artistically and in message.

toolbox
Mar 8, 2010, 04:25 AM
If Steve is there i wonder if he shows up in his jeans and turtle neck? LoL would be awesome if he did.

iOrlando
Mar 8, 2010, 06:43 AM
you guys do know Pixar is Job's baby. He co-founded the company in the 90s.

niuniu
Mar 8, 2010, 06:49 AM
Didn't see UP yet. But I guess that explains why Jobs was there. I thought he was just a straight-A baller and went where he wanted :D

rdowns
Mar 8, 2010, 06:54 AM

Jobs was not a co-founder of Pixar. Where do people get this stuff?

maflynn
Mar 8, 2010, 06:55 AM

Actually that's incorrect. Folks from Lucasfilm founded the company in 1979. He bought in 1986

iOrlando
Mar 8, 2010, 09:34 AM
Actually that's incorrect. Folks from Lucasfilm founded the company in 1979. He bought in 1986

Jobs was not a co-founder of Pixar. Where do people get this stuff?

From apple's website:

"Steve also co-founded and was the CEO of Pixar Animation Studios"

My statement is correct.

but maybe you guys should call apple and tell them they have their info wrong...;)

fyi...when you buy an entity from someone else and basically redo whatever is already there, a new legal entity is formed and that is what happened in this case with lucas and all. I sort of already knew the background..but whatever..

rdowns
Mar 8, 2010, 09:56 AM
From apple's website:

"Steve also co-founded and was the CEO of Pixar Animation Studios"

My statement is correct.

but maybe you guys should call apple and tell them they have their info wrong...;)

fyi...when you buy an entity from someone else and basically redo whatever is already there, a new legal entity is formed and that is what happened in this case with lucas and all. I sort of already knew the background..but whatever..

Pixar started in 1979 as the Graphics Group, a part of the Computer Division of Lucasfilm before it was bought by Apple co-founder Steve Jobs in 1986.

So if founding a company is renaming it, then Jobs founded it. :rolleyes: