PDA

View Full Version : Slugish....

boxerchip
Sep 5, 2004, 01:57 PM
My g5 seems to be fast but at the same time every now and then it acts like its not fast, for example when im playing WC3 it will load fast but take a long time to regester on the screen. some times there will just be a lot of lag like the computer does not want to go anymore. Im assuming this is due to the 512 ram. Im only running aim and one DL in the back ground but thats all i can think of.

applemacdude
Sep 5, 2004, 01:59 PM
My g5 seems to be fast but at the same time every now and then it acts like its not fast, for example when im playing WC3 it will load fast but take a long time to regester on the screen. some times there will just be a lot of lag like the computer does not want to go anymore. Im assuming this is due to the 512 ram. Im only running aim and one DL in the back ground but thats all i can think of.

Your running aim, not ichat or adium?

ChrisFromCanada
Sep 5, 2004, 02:07 PM
I would def. get more RAM in there.

MacFan26
Sep 5, 2004, 02:23 PM
You could try running top in the terminal to see if there are any processes going on that you don't know about. Otherwise, I suppose it could be because of the RAM, but is 512 not enough for a G5?

boxerchip
Sep 5, 2004, 02:32 PM
its Ichat that im using your correct.

crazzyeddie
Sep 5, 2004, 03:49 PM
What you're describing is a RAM issue that I have experienced with many G5s with only 512MB of RAM.