PDA

View Full Version : 3 important questions about iMac G5..

toughboy
Sep 8, 2004, 01:53 PM
Wel because of the reason that we dont have Customized to Order (CTO thing) here in Turkey, I wanna know 3 things about iMac G5..

1) Can we change the harddrive to anything (which is serial normal harddrive) and use the harddrive in a box at somewhere else?

2) How does Apple puts bluetooth device in the iMac when its ordered online? is there anyway I can put bluetooth "IN" the iMac, without plugging anything to USB..

3) is VESA Mounting something easy? how many seconds does it take a aluminium screen user to unmount the screen from its place and put it to VESA Mount?

Mord
Sep 8, 2004, 02:13 PM
1) any sata drive should work, i would get a ibm hitachi 7k400 (400GB 8MB cache 7200rpm)

2) it's a freaking pain to add internal blue tooth in an imac get it now or live with the dongle

3) i have no idea but it should not take long

toughboy
Sep 8, 2004, 06:30 PM
1) any sata drive should work, i would get a ibm hitachi 7k400 (400GB 8MB cache 7200rpm)

2) it's a freaking pain to add internal blue tooth in an imac get it now or live with the dongle

3) i have no idea but it should not take long

What is so special about IBMs harddrive?? general quality? performance? compatibility with Macs?

homerjward
Sep 8, 2004, 07:05 PM
What is so special about IBMs harddrive?? general quality? performance? compatibility with Macs?
it's a good performing drive and the largest capacity SATA drive available. this (http://westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=65)
drive is probably the fastest SATA drive available and is a great choice unless you need the extra capacity

vraxtus
Sep 8, 2004, 07:15 PM

IBM drives are typically very high quality drives... as in they don't fail very easily and in general have very few problems... that said I once bought a 20GB drive for my old PB and it failed right out of the box... so I suppose it's a tossup :D